J. Loe

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Mark!

Anything else McCulloch related I should look for down here?

Would you like any other photos or?.??.?

msellers

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, so needing some advice and direction. I am working on fixing my dad's mini mac 6 for him. It has alot of sentimental value as it had belonged to his dad when new. It ran until an adjustment screw vibrated out of the carb. Will get photos and more info as i progress. Any and all help is appreciated.
Mike

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, so needing some advice and direction. I am working on fixing my dad's mini mac 6 for him. It has alot of sentimental value as it had belonged to his dad when new. It ran until an adjustment screw vibrated out of the carb. Will get photos and more info as i progress. Any and all help is appreciated.
Mike

So, do you need some parts?

And Al, we know you hate these things!

msellers

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, do you need some parts?

And Al, we know you hate these things!
Probably will need some parts, still scrubbing bird poop off. Was in the shed the hail made swiss cheese of the sky light. So of course the birds said this is a great new bird house.
Will let you know and keep everyone updated.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well as a far as I know Mark is the only one who doesn't verbalize in profanity about those things .I'm an ex sub sailor and can cuss in three different languages and never take the Lords name in vain .< believe me the last part took some time .

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well as a far as I know Mark is the only one who doesn't verbalize in profanity about those things .I'm an ex sub sailor and can cuss in three different languages and never take the Lords name in vain .< believe me the last part took some time .

I dont think they are as bad as they say they are. The ones with the removable starter i can have the engine out in 10 minutes. Faster if i use power tools.

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Appears to be a Mini Mac 1 with the removeable starter, much easier to work on. On the Mini Mac 6 (non-removeable starter) you have to align the fins in the flywheel with the starter "clutch" in order to slip the engine out of the housing and back in again. Most of the older saws will have the Walbro MDC carburetors that can be troublesome. The check valve is a thin little rubber disc and replacing them requires drilling and tapping the plug to be able to pull it out. The later Zama equipped saws seemed to be more dependable and even better performers.

I do get frustrated working on them at times when things don't go as planned, usually something I did wrong or overlooked, but they are no worse to work on than any other top handle models. The SP40 and PM510 were better in that you could remove the carburetor to work on it without dismantling the entire saw; Tillotson HU models that were also more dependable and more familiar to most folks.

I once had to work on my son in law's 020 AVP, that was frustrating...some of the "Italian McCulloch" saws are pretty challenging as well.

Mark

msellers

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mark,
I am probably going to pick your brain a bit as I progress in this. If I take my time and pay attention, it shouldn't be much headache at all. Rushing is what I tend to find that makes anything difficult.
Mike

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Three of the worse are the mini's,Homelite xl-2 or what ever those things are called and Stihl 020av top handle .By far the easiest are the Stihl 020T and Ms 200t .Those I can nearly disassemble with my eyes closed ,jesting of course

msellers

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Three of the worse are the mini's,Homelite xl-2 or what ever those things are called and Stihl 020av top handle .By far the easiest are the Stihl 020T and Ms 200t .Those I can nearly disassemble with my eyes closed ,jesting of course
The little homelites are easy, have gottwn thwm down to in and out of the case very quickly. Trick there is to align the sparkplug wire and boot before you start taking motor out of case.