High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

The nanny state is coming for us...

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
From what I know this is "Employment Law" they are talking of ...its been common since 1996 (in UK) to have a employer put employees through training for the use of chainsaws and felling work .They need to comply with "Health and safety at work " laws or public liability insurance is void along with the employers cover for his workers. Same applies to the self employed to do with these rules .

earlthegoat2

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There is big business in protecting people from themselves.

I wonder where most of that 200 Euro goes to?

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ok I did end up reading the article and it stated that there are already those who want to push for the same requirement for private individuals. I get the whole OSHA part of it, there are alot of things you can do at work that requires training and in many cases, certification for better or for worse. As we all know, a certificate doesn't always mean that person is worth a damn at it. Lol!

But to mandate that on the private individual working on his own not in a business capacity?? Male bovine excrement!

Last edited:

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
9:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just because someone attended a training course and got a certificate doesn't mean that the same individual will actually implement any of the information received.

Just look at every day's traffic, every other driver shouldn't be allowed behind the wheel, still they all have a driver's license.

If they start requiring certified training for handling a chainsaw, they best do the same for weed whacker usage too!
Around here people use them dressed in a T-shirt and shorts without any PPE whatsoever.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I'm not mistaken John Lambert AKA Gypo Logger and several other on line personas had to take some course pertaining to chainsaw usage when he went to either the Yukon or North West Territory of Canada .He had already been a logger in Ontario for years . From what I hear Great Britain has always been somewhat of a "nanny " state about a lot of things .