Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How come you clear cut so early

Depends on the land owner some are down around 40 years it’s what they have found to be the most profitable they can get 1 stick of export maybe a short stick of domestic and then pulp. A longer rotation by 10 to 15 years you could see two long stick of export and a piece of pulp with maybe a short stick of domestic. One other problem is the mills have been tooling up to a smaller butt diameter one of the ones up here is 24” max.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
@Skeans1 said it well. The growth in that stand had slowed quite a bit if I remember correctly. Different land owners do things different as well. Weyerhaeuser generally harvests fairly young trees, and RFP tends to let them grow a little longer.

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
1862f9363e1ca0a409588aab81b4204b.jpg

Wife and little one decided they wanted to go to the zoo in Portland well next door is the forestry center with an A model 1270 plus a full running simulator we all got to play on for a while.

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
6:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Depends on the land owner some are down around 40 years it’s what they have found to be the most profitable they can get 1 stick of export maybe a short stick of domestic and then pulp. A longer rotation by 10 to 15 years you could see two long stick of export and a piece of pulp with maybe a short stick of domestic. One other problem is the mills have been tooling up to a smaller butt diameter one of the ones up here is 24” max.

@Skeans1 said it well. The growth in that stand had slowed quite a bit if I remember correctly. Different land owners do things different as well. Weyerhaeuser generally harvests fairly young trees, and RFP tends to let them grow a little longer.

Thanks Once I zoomed in those trees are a decent size
Yes I see now I was thinking the mills where still after oversize
It’s a similar situation here nobody is geared too cut big diameter timber
20ft or 6m is the longest as well

Stihl working Hard

Is it Friday yet
Local time
1:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
1862f9363e1ca0a409588aab81b4204b.jpg

Wife and little one decided they wanted to go to the zoo in Portland well next door is the forestry center with an A model 1270 plus a full running simulator we all got to play on for a while.

Combining a little work and play