The forestry and logging pictures thread

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
oh no...I have seen some of the stuff you posted. It is quite amazing.

I think we can all agree it’s great to get the guys off the hill and off the ground, but I don’t agree with having a guy in the machine remote control sure sounds better doesn’t it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
8:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
BC coast is adapting it as well.

yes, I remember one of the video you put up was done by Lyle.
He is '3 patch club' but he has been a coast logging contractor for yrs before that. He had 5 logging companies. He had his own jet in the late 80's - early 90's. All logging money from the queen Charlotte Islands. If Lyle's into it then there is money in it

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
yes, I remember one of the video you put up was done by Lyle.
He is '3 patch club' but he has been a coast logging contractor for yrs before that. He had 5 logging companies. He had his own jet in the late 80's - early 90's. All logging money from the queen Charlotte Islands. If Lyle's into it then there is money in it

How much does a cutter cost an hour up there with full insurance and wage?

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I think we can all agree it’s great to get the guys off the hill and off the ground, but I don’t agree with having a guy in the machine remote control sure sounds better doesn’t it?

They’ll have their place, and we’ll have ours. As long as I’ve got trees to cut, I’ll be good. Like I said before, we work with a lot of older guys, and few young guys. The tethering will help fill the gap. Lots of rock, back hillsides, and so on. Some people don’t want machines on the hill anyways for their soil disturbance.

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They’ll have their place, and we’ll have ours. As long as I’ve got trees to cut, I’ll be good. Like I said before, we work with a lot of older guys, and few young guys. The tethering will help fill the gap. Lots of rock, back hillsides, and so on. Some people don’t want machines on the hill anyways for their soil disturbance.

I don’t blame them there one bit you watch some of the guys they sure leave a heck of a rut.
e71e9a64b625959a8bfb41b943adb0b3.jpg

Did you guys see this big girl a couple of years ago at OLC?

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did. Has some good reach.

That one lives on a line up around Sedro I’m not sure why they went to a wheel machine vs a track other then when a wheel harvester has the bands(tracks) on they really don’t do much in the way of ruts or soil damage.

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That one lives on a line up around Sedro I’m not sure why they went to a wheel machine vs a track other then when a wheel harvester has the bands(tracks) on they really don’t do much in the way of ruts or soil damage.

Longer wheelbase, more stable perhaps?

~WBF

Local time
User ID
Reaction score

The legend rolls down. Mike Tyson was quoting a legend??? I don't remember who? What was said was: the biggest insult you can do to a man is not show up and fight him because you need him to make a living. Yet one of you could die. "Kill or be killed". Two boxers died last week. No Faller or self-respecting logger should ever want a Faller off the hill no matter what the risk. I have seen much death but .."The show must go on"

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Longer wheelbase, more stable perhaps?

The tracks over the wheels help with flotation as well as traction besides the spread of the weight more evenly well going over the terrain.

Going from our old track harvester we saw a huge difference in the winter with the amount of days we could work especially out of the same trail system with rutting.

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The legend rolls down. Mike Tyson was quoting a legend??? I don't remember who? What was said was: the biggest insult you can do to a man is not show up and fight him because you need him to make a living. Yet one of you could die. "Kill or be killed". Two boxers died last week. No Faller or self-respecting logger should ever want a Faller off the hill no matter what the risk. I have seen much death but .."The show must go on"

The bad part is like everything else the bean counters, insurance, and lawyers run everything till that gets put in check we all have to adapt to keep working.

~WBF

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yes Ok I'm officially out of retirement..
Will be going full time year around busheling for merchable timber.

...On Mother England's Greenest Hills.

I shouldn't have looked on the internet the other day. Was a h_ll of a wagon ride. 27 months. Goes to show you..where ever you are, you can always get your fix when you want it. That scares the h_ll out of me.
I am far from done. I am not even close to being done.
I guess I will be working with some young guys with less experienced. They can come visit me anytime they feel the need.
I love to bushel. I love to compete more than the money.
It's the ticket to youth. I am so hungry like the wolf

Last edited:

~WBF

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The bad part is like everything else the bean counters, insurance, and lawyers run everything till that gets put in check we all have to adapt to keep working.

Right!
It's not about death or safety, but ecenomics

Last edited:

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No we are a dying breed no matter where you are in the world the day is coming where you only will have the nastiest ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah your right there several years back when the 1st harvesters started coming in we weren’t as profitable as those new fandangled harvesters

But we where good enough to cut them bastage spruce edge trees
Or trees on a bank like the roof of a house

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes Ok I'm officially out of retirement..
Will be going full time year around busheling for merchable timber.

...On England's Greenest Hills.

I shouldn't have looked on the internet the other day. Was a h_ll of a wagon ride. 27 months. Goes to show you..where ever you are, you can always get your fix when you want it. That scares the h_ll out of me.
I am far from done. I am not even close to being done.
I guess I will be working with some young guys with less experienced. They can come visit me anytime they feel the need.
I love to bushel. I love to compete more than the money.
It's the ticket to youth. I am so hungry for it.

That’s good too hear there’s some nice jobs around if euroforest haven’t had taken them

~WBF

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That’s good too hear there’s some nice jobs around if euroforest haven’t had taken them
Price is high said the Boss man. We will be running a 6 pack. Some of the experienced guys pop in and out when they want to do their own thing. Lots of freedom and job security it sounds. I mean I only want to go to Spain on the weekends anyway. Crazy here. You get charged more money to take a train to the beach than a flight to Spain. I am moving to the English Channel anyway.

*Funny there AJ,, I was going to contact you before you posted. I need 'Da Woyks' (apparently I'm a New Yorker now?)
I need to be completely outfitted ..PPE included.
It's pretty relaxed so just one saw to start
Do you do muffler mods? I am trying to stretch out the money to get going for the show. Any service or advice would much appreciated.

Thnx

Jamie

Last edited: