High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

The Bulletproof Garage - Project Car and Truck Shenanigans and Fiascos...

Int1968

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Read up on SCA looks like a fun project, cavitation was a problem more so with the 7.3 idi. Simple motor that can be run with one wire to the pump. Check for crossmember frame cracks on drivers side forward of the engine mount, tank selector and sending units are a Dall. Under hood connections in the wiring loom on passenger fender can leave you with a no start. 6.9 block has drain plugs on both sides if your flushing it. If manual the slave and master are plastic seen a few blow up.

bulletpruf

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
11:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Read up on SCA looks like a fun project, cavitation was a problem more so with the 7.3 idi. Simple motor that can be run with one wire to the pump. Check for crossmember frame cracks on drivers side forward of the engine mount, tank selector and sending units are a Dall. Under hood connections in the wiring loom on passenger fender can leave you with a no start. 6.9 block has drain plugs on both sides if your flushing it. If manual the slave and master are plastic seen a few blow up.

I'm familiar with SCA and cavitation; I'm a bit concerned about it with the new motor (7.3 IDI turbo - unveiled on the next episode). Just got it torn down; need to clean up and inspect.

I'll check for crossmember frame cracks; wasn't aware of that.

I'll likely get rid of the tank selector and just run the 38 gallon Bronco tank in the rear.

I'll check out the wire loom on passenger fender; had a similar issue on a 2003 7.3 Excursion.

It's a ZF-5. Do I have any options on more robust slave and master cylinders?

Thanks!

bulletpruf

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you have pin top socks in the front and want to convert or want something stronger, obs superduty front shock mounts fit and are nice double platted steel versions.

I plan to get rid of twin I-beam coil spring front suspension and swap in a Dana 60 with Super Duty springs.

Int1968

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not sure about the clutch and slave might just of been age had it happen on an 80ish bronco and one 3/4ton same era diesel (if I remember the replacement came with a better braided line and an adjustable pushrod).

Does your truck have the stupid dual mass flywheel?

If your ever in a pinch electrical wize you can always jump the starter and run a hot wire to the pump.

bias and plies and zip ties on you tube has some good ferd and idi info, you might not like the humour. Little canadiana for you

Int1968

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You’ll need the track rod bracket or you’ll have wicked death wobble( had a buddy do a ttb Dana 50 to Dana 60 conversion) it was a hard to find bracket. It might have something to do with the front mounted shackles.

OBS superduty like I said you might be able to use the front springs if you want a cheap lift. The spring perched and bump stops are cast. The front shock mounts are a good upgrade.

bulletpruf

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not sure about the clutch and slave might just of been age had it happen on an 80ish bronco and one 3/4ton same era diesel (if I remember the replacement came with a better braided line and an adjustable pushrod).

Does your truck have the stupid dual mass flywheel?

If your ever in a pinch electrical wize you can always jump the starter and run a hot wire to the pump.

bias and plies and zip ties on you tube has some good ferd and idi info, you might not like the humour. Little canadiana for you

Yes, it has the dual mass flywheel. I'll swap that out for a single mass replacement; will probably go with Luk.

I'll check out bias plies and zip ties on YouTube. I'm half Canadian (mom is from New Brunswick), to the Canuck humor is fine by me.

Thanks!

bulletpruf

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You’ll need the track rod bracket or you’ll have wicked death wobble( had a buddy do a ttb Dana 50 to Dana 60 conversion) it was a hard to find bracket. It might have something to do with the front mounted shackles.

OBS superduty like I said you might be able to use the front springs if you want a cheap lift. The spring perched and bump stops are cast. The front shock mounts are a good upgrade.

Here's the kit I ordered from Sky Offroad - https://www.skysoffroaddesign.com/c...4x4-2-front-shackle-reversal-superduty-spring

I added Bilstein shocks and an adjustable track bar bracket.

Thanks

Boomer2230

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good stuff, I have a 2007 F350 6.0 Harley Davidson edition here in the yard. Needs some new injectors, and need to finish the bulletprufing