The 572XP Update Thread

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
2:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a problem with a co-worker's saw, a husky 560xp.

My partner had an air leak, the warranty year was just over. He was at the dealer shop (the oldest stihl dealer in France, and also Husqvarna dealer since 2008).
After two weeks, he called them, the saw wasn't fixed. They told him the saw was too used, no more compression, etc. They did not even try to plug it to the computer.

He came back to me, I put my compression gauge on the saw. 170psi. Pretty good for a stock saw.

Then, he get back to the dealer shop with my gauge and his saw. They refused to fix it.

Another friend had an air leak on a one year old 461. They asked him 480€ to fix it.

I made a vacuum test on this saw, then I came back to the dealer shop myself, and I bought a crank seal for my friend. I fixed the saw, and never get back to this shop.
Some places have turned into just that they are dealers that know nothing and fix nothing, this is also why I keep getting more and more calls as word gets around.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I agree....just one of those things.

But....

I just repaired one a few days ago that refused to allow any fuel thru the carb. Had to replace the carb, and the coil. And install the firmware....

This was after having it shipped here from New York, and then sending back after the repair.

The Husqvarna dealer local to the guy didn't have any idea what firmware even was.
The PTO bearing might be a user problem.
Over tighten a chain once or twice has to hurt that bearing imo.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just got off the phone with a regular customer of mine. I've done at least 4 572XPs for him. He's had some trouble with the saws.....but he loves the damn things. He has discovered that the tank vent is restrictive. He was having erratic run issues....but not always. Hook up the saw and it's running lean. Take out the restrictions in the vent......and it's good to go.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I've tried. I had high hopes for the 572. I also just got reports back about a nearly new 550MKII that is failing fast.

The problem....as I've said for years is that Husqvarna has a horrible quality control dept. One saw will be fine.....the next assembled incorrectly, or with parts that should have been pitched. It's not my opinion......it's based on seeing thousands of saws apart in front of me. Facts care nothing about our opinions.
You really can't argue with busted metal because it tells stories.
Maybe every page gets better and better in this thread.

Shots have been fired

5000+

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You're lucky, for a logger, if your saw more than 6 months old, the only thing we heard from our dealers is "saw is too old, you better buy a new one".
What all did you leave out, just foam bit? I made up a couple 346's and one 353 where I just put in my own tube with the Echo vent, I like those.

Yeah, they work good. Plus they release presure after it exceeds a few psi.

Jetmd

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Smithville, MO..Born in Iowa by the grace of God
Country flag
Local *f-wording Husky dealer wants minimum 1 hour shop rate to hook up scan tool.

NOPEs piss me off!
Local shop is husky and Stihl so when you have a saw scanned it’s just hourly rate for how long it takes