Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
1:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For those of us that are in the business we have all had dealings with him. "That Guy" the one you can never make happy no matter what you do. The one that everything he buys from you is a lemon, the one that swears YOU are the one causing his equipment to break down all the time and when you try to file a warranty claim and it is denied because it was CLEARLY caused by contaminated fuel you are completely incompetent. I just had another run in with "That Guy" today, brought in his 10 month old string trimmer with a no start AGAIN! Dumped the gas/oil/water out and pulled the carb to blow it out only this time the white death had set in on the carb. Looked up a new one, $120.00 (WYA on a RedMax) called customer with an estimate of $150.00 (carb, new fuel line and filter, gasket, and 15 minutes labor) and he informed me that it should be covered under warranty and that he has had it with my incompetence and that he was going to pick his trimmer up and find a new dealer.

Joe

Dave6390

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Give him a bottle of Stabil as a parting gift.
Actually, charge him for the Sta bil, & handling charges! Then tell him to lose your phone #, forever! What a Jack Wagon! I've got a couple of customers that I do tree trimming for that are a real pain in the arse! Why this branch and not that one? If you don't like it, do it yourself! But, the customer is always right (BS)!!!

Agent Orange

Stihl trying
Local time
12:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I'd honestly give him the Stabil, explain the ratio, explain the reason, and tell him good luck and have a good day.

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sad thing is, 'That Guy' can ruin your day if you let him, and your good customers don't get to deal with the 'Real You'.

Try not to let 'That Guy' get you down.

No the sad thing is "That Guy" can ruin YOUR reputation by running his mouth all over town. That is why I have been trying so hard to make him happy, last three times he was in with fuel contamination I just flushed the units F.O.C. and got him back out working same day (wannabe commercial landscaper).

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
10:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
No the sad thing is "That Guy" can ruin YOUR reputation by running his mouth all over town. That is why I have been trying so hard to make him happy, last three times he was in with fuel contamination I just flushed the units F.O.C. and got him back out working same day (wannabe commercial landscaper).
If you have a good reputation already then I'm sure ONE pos isn't gonna make to much of a difference.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
THAT GUY will never ruin your business because anyone else you would actually want to deal with should be able to figure out he's an A-hole in under a minute.

Damn, in my profession I cant tell people to GFY, I have to send them a registered letter and give them a month.

My buddy is a landscaper and picked up business by telling someone to GFY. Multiple neighbors walked up to him afterward and said "I heard you told Mrs Jones to GFY" and then patted him on the back saying they hadn't had the stones to do that but wanted to for years.

Fück him and the horse he rode in on. Do a happy dance that he's gone from your life, at least until his twin shows up next week.

Last edited:

idiotwithasaw

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I will admit to being "that guy" from time to time, but only when I knew it wasn't my fault and the guy I was dealing with was giving me the run around. However when I know it's my fault I fess up and pay for it and go on.

However this guy seems like a douche nozzle. it sounds like in addition to giving him stabil u should also give him a new nonspill gas can, And explain engines don't run to well on rainwater.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I will admit to being "that guy" from time to time, but only when I knew it wasn't my fault and the guy I was dealing with was giving me the run around. However when I know it's my fault I fess up and pay for it and go on.

However this guy seems like a douche nozzle. it sounds like in addition to giving him stabil u should also give him a new nonspill gas can, And explain engines don't run to well on rainwater.
he should give you a new jug and stabil because your gas didn't work in that 550 one time :roto2rie:

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd explain what has happened to that guy... Tell him why it needs a carb.... And let it be You're better off not dealing w anyhow

idiotwithasaw

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
he should give you a new jug and stabil because your gas didn't work in that 550 one time :roto2rie:
that was an example of "my fault" still don't know what happened though. That can was never outside. It stayed under my bench, one of those mysteries

rocco490

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Best thing you can do is have no dealings with "that guy" there not worth it he/she will always have problems as the saying goes you cant fix stupid

Last edited: