High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Teaching Math Over 50 Years

stihl saws

You can always justify another saw.
Local time
6:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I'm practicing with this new fangled smarty smart phone, so when the younger generation takes over, I'll be ready.
Just learn to twitter and instagram. Then pm me how to do it, because I don't know or much care.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
5:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been out to eat, seen the entire family sitting there completely dorked out on their phones. Food is sitting there getting cold, thinking to myself, wish my Grandfather was here, he'd go twist their ears 'till they put down the phones and picked up a fork,LOL

stihl saws

You can always justify another saw.
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Been out to eat, seen the entire family sitting there completely dorked out on their phones. Food is sitting there getting cold, thinking to myself, wish my Grandfather was here, he'd go twist their ears 'till they put down the phones and picked up a fork,LOL
Yeah, my kids do that all the time. Drives me crazy. What would they do without that phone? Maybe go play outside, like we did.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So much for being on the cutting edge of vocabulary. :(

Here......I'll use it in a sentence.

The patient lost his phone, can't text his friends, and is all dorked out. We'll prescribe a safe place and some Valium.

87644701.jpg

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I caught flack from my wife's uncle last weekend for being on my phone. He's probably late 60's and was just being a prick. I didn't take to kindly to it. It's not like I was veged out on it for an hour. Up until that point my phone hadn't come out of my pocket all nigh. I just sat down to catch a break from refereeing the 6 unruly kids (3-6yrs) ramming around the house and playing on the stairs when my wife asked my to go out and get the dogs bed (FFS the dog need a bed!). I told her no and just wanted a min to relax but he heard me tell her no and went on a rant about kids and their phones yada yada yada (mean while my two nephews 18+19 had been glued to their phone in front of the TV for about 2 hours at that point). Anyways, it still burns my ass because I make an honest effort to not be one of those parents that's glued to a phone as their child is begging for their attention whether it's just shopping at the grocery store or sitting down for dinner. The phone can wait. So it irked me that he got on his high horse about it. Anyways, I digress.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I caught flack from my wife's uncle last weekend for being on my phone. He's probably late 60's and was just being a prick. I didn't take to kindly to it. It's not like I was veged out on it for an hour. Up until that point my phone hadn't come out of my pocket all nigh. I just sat down to catch a break from refereeing the 6 unruly kids (3-6yrs) ramming around the house and playing on the stairs when my wife asked my to go out and get the dogs bed (FFS the dog need a bed!). I told her no and just wanted a min to relax but he heard me tell her no and went on a rant about kids and their phones yada yada yada (mean while my two nephews 18+19 had been glued to their phone in front of the TV for about 2 hours at that point). Anyways, it still burns my ass because I make an honest effort to not be one of those parents that's glued to a phone as their child is begging for their attention whether it's just shopping at the grocery store or sitting down for dinner. The phone can wait. So it irked me that he got on his high horse about it. Anyways, I digress.
Was he a math teacher?

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i am bad when i am off work with my phone but usually texting one of you guys here or guys from work and i am a 10000 texts a month person i use it to ebay and look up stuff also when i am working i dont usually carry it on me

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
3:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I hate this new society, the stupidity of people my age is far from unbelievable. I know I'm not the highest IQ, but least I work my butt off and pay from my own dang pocket for what I want instead of sucking my parents dry. 17.....no cell phone...no girl friend.....all I have is 3 old trucks, chainsaws...a job....and awesome forums like these. And I take pride in them, you all may think I'm stubborn and bull headed and ignorant, but I read your posts about this stuff and keep them in my head. I have a few mentors who have lived a long and successful life, sadly one passed away recently and I miss him dearly, and any wisdom they Ever gave me has been take seriously and kept in the forefront of my brain. So far, with the path I have chosen, many of the older generation have said I have a great future if I press on and pursue my dreams.....Diesel mechanic at the railroad, raise a family up Right, and keep restoring trucks and saws(if I have time. Family 1st.) To me that beats stupid video games any day. Who'd a thought that playing with saws could make Work so much fun! To bad none of my friends see it that way. Constantly I'm told by the younger crowd that my likes and hobbies are stupid and boring, and that restoring a 50 year old truck is a waste of money......when....What do they spend their money on? Video games...computers....phones.....air soft rifles.....Stuff that brings Nothing Back to you in life.....stuff that decreases in value.
Did I say all this to brag and show off? No, and I hope it doesn't come across that way. Guess I just said it because I'm trying to be one of those people in this next generation that doesn't follow the crowd.....sometimes it gets to my head I guess. Not easy by any means.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All funning aside, every generation wanted better for the next. Ones that came before me thought the same thing as I think of the younger generation today. Comes right down to it, were just too old and crotchety to change, and that's the only thing that will not change in the future, and that's OK with me.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
you people moaning and groaning about this present society and generation isn't going to change anything.
don't dwell on it and move on.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
you people moaning and groaning about this present society and generation isn't going to change anything.
don't dwell on it and move on.

You tell 'em Jake. Obviously this isn't from "my generation", but I think the sentiment applies.

I think stump shot eluded to this. Perhaps it's the way of the world. What did the "greatest generation" as they're known, think of boomers? Maybe boomers are just at that point in the cycle when they talk smack about the subsequent generation. Something like this I guess: live vicariously through your children, decide they're a bunch of spoiled, entitled brats who don't see the world you do and who won't listen to you and think you're opinions are irrelevant (we don't care, by the way), quick change your tune when they have kids you want to spoil and you realize that we'll be responsible for where you park your walker... I don't know, maybe it's just the natural order.