Stihl vs. Husky

calebng15

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know these are not pro saws, but I thought it was a good review. It is not really a review of what is like running them, but got a few pointers for explaining to people around here the difference between pro and homeowner. Stuff I new, but this guy seems to know how to say it. What do y'all think of it?

VK Johnson

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
9:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Ah, who cares? It's whatever you feel more comfortable with, gets the job done, and maybe most importantly...what support you get for what you choose. In my town, there is a Stihl dealer...very good guy. Does sales, parts, service, sharpens blades. Stihl gets my nod.

Next town over, a farm supply sells Husqvarnas...honestly, I don't know if they do parts and service, but I don't care. It's the next town over, and why travel ten miles when I can get what I need in my own town.

Both brands enjoy excellent reputations. So do the other brands mentioned above. But, I have a Homelite, Echo, and Poulan in my quiver. The latter two were given to me, the former one I bought many years ago, but the working saws are the Stihls.

Turning it around, the only saw I think I'd eschew would be the Chinese built cheapos. Other than that...run what makes ya happy!