Stihl 026 identification

bretts

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a Stihl 026 (225978187) and a Stihl 026 pro (x 141719483).
I am trying to find out the differences between the two, the years and country of manufacture.
I believe the 026 pro is a late model saw and not as tidy as the 026 and I want to build a tidy saw.
I have looked extensively at part number sites and read one quite a while ago that had the ID of the Stihl saws (year and country of manufacture) but I can no longer find it (most sites I have looked at list the year of the saw only). Can anyone tell me what I have please?.

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For country of origin verification the number 1 at the beginning is from Germany and the numbers 2 or 5 is USA.

bretts

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
2:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ahh The choices we have to make… in times of cad.. just go out and buy some more :risas3:

I’ve just brought a helicoil kit m5 to m12, not that I will need m10 or 12 for saws, I just got a kit as it was cheaper in the long run… but I also had to get the m4 separately :rolleyes: bugger if I can figure out why they don’t add it to the kit :eusa_whistle:

for the same reasons you say …..stripped threads..
I think you could feed your addiction and get a helicoil or two :eusa_dance:

after all you need something to practice on :icon_popcorn:

bretts

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ahh The choices we have to make… in times of cad.. just go out and buy some more :risas3:

I’ve just brought a helicoil kit m5 to m12, not that I will need m10 or 12 for saws, I just got a kit as it was cheaper in the long run… but I also had to get the m4 separately :rolleyes: bugger if I can figure out why they don’t add it to the kit :eusa_whistle:

for the same reasons you say …..stripped threads..
I think you could feed your addiction and get a helicoil or two :eusa_dance:

after all you need something to practice on :icon_popcorn:
Decided to go with the betterer case and know it's a late model 026.
I have done helicoils in the past, trouble with those is I have found is most of the coils I have used are not long enough.