Stihl 024 WTF...

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Okay now the junk yard dawg fix .Get out the pressure washer and give that thing a power douche but leave out the Massengill .Oil it up and put it back together .It most likely will run just fine .

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I already did surgery...she pulled through just fine. Think I got it all. Time will tell. I wonder if pollen will lubricate the bearings ??

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Okay story time .Ford up until about 10 years ago "hot tested" every engine before it was installed in a car ,ran them tested them etc .Oldsmobile never did ever .The first time the engine was fired was when the car came off the final assembly .They would dump a teaspoon and a half of Bon Ami down the carb throat which would instantly seat the rings .They built a pretty good engine at one time .

Intoxsawcated

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Okay story time .Ford up until about 10 years ago "hot tested" every engine before it was installed in a car ,ran them tested them etc .Oldsmobile never did ever .The first time the engine was fired was when the car came off the final assembly .They would dump a teaspoon and a half of Bon Ami down the carb throat which would instantly seat the rings .They built a pretty good engine at one time .
I looked this up, it's interesting. Not something I'd want to try but seems to have varying results. Aside from being abrasive I wonder how much acts as a filler. Would any get forced behind the rings for a tighter seal as well?

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thats what it looked like to me. It wasnt pollen. From some disgruntled employee maybe?

Bilge Rat

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Flattrack bike builder i knew would use hydrogen peroxide to quickly seat new rings at the track.
Fire the thing up and a cloud of red/rust colored smoke would fog the pit area.