High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Source for a good aftermarket 036/MS360 crank?

VAguy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Preferably not a PRC-made one.

Thanks!

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
12:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
There's a few on eBay that look promising. One listed as German manufactured has my interest.

J_M____

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I looked, I didn’t find any decent aftermarket ones. Just China or used oem.
We will see how the China one holds up. It did measure the same as oem.
If your doing a rebuild get the Italian made tecomec gasket/seal set off eBay for $8.99 shipped. Good gasket and oem quality seals. Much nicer seals than the Chinese ones. I had issues with the Chinese ones fitting properly even using the stihl seal driver.

VAguy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys.

Darn... was hoping there was a NWP or similar available.

I did search for the "Made in Germany" specimens on eBay. They seem like a good price but the shipping is $$ and would equate to about $70 total... I might try them and hope I don't get a repackaged farmertech...

mgr1

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any link of this crank?

VAguy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That looks a lot like a Farmertec crank.......with a clutch drum needle bearing

Yeah, I have a suspicion that may be the case. I'm particularly suspicious that the brand, UPC and model number don't turn up anywhere else outside of eBay, and the fact that you aren't going to be getting something like a crank that's made in low volumes in a Western country for $25.

That all being said, if it shows up in a farmertec package with "made in China" on the side I'm guessing eBay would probably cover you if the seller told you to pee up a rope since it clearly states a different brand and country of manufacture in the ad. Depends on whether or not you want to gamble with $70 or not.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, I have a suspicion that may be the case. I'm particularly suspicious that the brand, UPC and model number don't turn up anywhere else outside of eBay, and the fact that you aren't going to be getting something like a crank that's made in low volumes in a Western country for $25.

That all being said, if it shows up in a farmertec package with "made in China" on the side I'm guessing eBay would probably cover you if the seller told you to pee up a rope since it clearly states a different brand and country of manufacture in the ad. Depends on whether or not you want to gamble with $70 or not.
The only one I've heard of being any good is a Raisman crank in a milling saw owned by @junkman. I'm sure there are others but that's the one that comes to mind