High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

So who now makes what chain?

cdixon

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
OK here is the skinny. This happened between the 2 Lgx loops. And I didn't mention earlier 2 91 VXL loops . The LGX loops on a Poulan Pro 330 with floating rim. Rim in good shape they wore flat no hook. No damage to rim. The VXL's were another story on my 3516 avx. Had a perfect ungrooved sprocket. They wore the drive links faster. Started to bind and made small grooves in a perfect sprocket. Not me not saw crappy product.

SawTroll

Information collector
Local time
10:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
OK here is the skinny. This happened between the 2 Lgx loops. And I didn't mention earlier 2 91 VXL loops . The LGX loops on a Poulan Pro 330 with floating rim. Rim in good shape they wore flat no hook. No damage to rim. The VXL's were another story on my 3516 avx. Had a perfect ungrooved sprocket. They wore the drive links faster. Started to bind and made small grooves in a perfect sprocket. Not me not saw crappy product.

A wore off (flat) hook on the drivers is a typical result of running the chain on a bar with a too shallow groove - but obviously I wasn't there....

Even if soft, the drivers shouldn't wear that way by themselves. o_O:confused:

Last edited:

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
3:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If a person wants sheer speed, they're wasting their time with the Stihl chain, the LGX can be made faster. but I have several loops of Stihl RS that are dandy work chains.
The thicker chrome layer is a little tougher on the file, but they work.

SawTroll

Information collector
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
If a person wants sheer speed, they're wasting their time with the Stihl chain, the LGX can be made faster. but I have several loops of Stihl RS that are dandy work chains.
The thicker chrome layer is a little tougher on the file, but they work.

The thicker chrome also makes it impossible to get the teeth as sharp, as the files aren't able to sharpen chrome (it just breaks off).

In addition it is a factor that the Stihl chain have a thicker (.063 vs. .058) upper part of the drivers, that contributes to a slightly wider kerf (with regular .325 and 3/8" in .050 and .058).

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
3:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The thicker chrome also makes it impossible to get the teeth as sharp, as the files aren't able to sharpen chrome (it just breaks off).

In addition it is a factor that the Stihl chain have a thicker (.063 vs. .058) upper part of the drivers, that contributes to a slightly wider kerf (with regular .325 and 3/8" in .050 and .058).
Yes..
When you're looking for a couple tenths of a second gains in 8x8 poplar, you figure this stuff out.
For working, it's hard to really notice though.
As long as both are reasonably sharp.

cdixon

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
A wore off (flat) hook on the drivers is a typical result of running the chain on a bar with a too shallow groove - but obviously I wasn't there....

Even if soft, the drivers shouldn't wear that way by themselves. o_O:confused:
New Oregon bar on the lo pro. New TCS bar. The Tri Link That came with the Tractor supply bar didn't have that problem. I was alternateing those chains for even wear and those itty chains weren't WOS. The 91 VXL loops were bought new with a Oregon Pro lite 91.and they had the same results. Crappy Products.

cdixon

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I still use a Oregon Vanguard loop on that bar as back up that has no issues.

SawTroll

Information collector
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yes..
When you're looking for a couple tenths of a second gains in 8x8 poplar, you figure this stuff out.
For working, it's hard to really notice though.
As long as both are reasonably sharp.

True.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm going to assume forester is made by oregon as well?? I saw some cheap while looking for a bar how is it ? Is more like carlton or more like standard oregon?

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm going to assume forester is made by oregon as well?? I saw some cheap while looking for a bar how is it ? Is more like carlton or more like standard oregon?
I bought a forester b/c combo last year. Carlton semi chisel on it. All sealed in forester packaging.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bout like woodland pro then I'll assume?
I bought a forester b/c combo last year. Carlton semi chisel on it. All sealed in forester packaging.
found a bar on ebay for 16 bucks free ship if no one outbids it