High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

So what's the current two stroke oil favorite?

pwheel

Finis Origine Pendet
Local time
7:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've run Ultra for years in my 046 at 50:1 and had the same results. Little more carbon than I'd prefer but no issues.
Donated my unopened bottles of Ultra to the local Stihl dealer. Thinking back now, I suspect that it's probably just fine mixed @ 50:1, tach tuned right to max rpm's unloaded, & run hard in the cut. Truth be told, I tended to mix & tune rich for the first dozen tankfuls, which is why the excess carbon might have shown up on the spark plug & piston crown.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Never had that issue with any oil...did have some ring sticking with some bean oil but that's to be expected with it mixed the way it was.

I remember when strap-on had the cheer squad using benol...that was entertaining.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Its an mtronic MS362c.

Does It idle 99% of the time it's running ?

I've ran it anywhere from 40-60:1 depending on who mixed the gas in both stock and ported saws..maybe even more or less and I can't say I've ever seen that happen.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mine run clean too. Not sure. Rich tune

I don't use many standard carb saws anymore, just a few. I've seen maybe a little bit of unburnt oil around the exhaust ports in the mufflers but nothing like what these guys encounter.

Not that it means anything, just my personal experience.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
6:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't use many standard carb saws anymore, just a few. I've seen maybe a little bit of unburnt oil around the exhaust ports in the mufflers but nothing like what these guys encounter.

Not that it means anything, just my personal experience.
The red armor spooge is terrible on every saw that I've seen come thru here. How you ain't seeing it is a mystery to me.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
4:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I started out with red and it was gooey mufflers. Now Amsoil and clean. Gooey oil might cause fires. Say youre running the saw easy and goo builds up. Then you run it hard and it catches fire and spits out.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I started out with red and it was gooey mufflers. Now Amsoil and clean. Gooey oil might cause fires. Say youre running the saw easy and goo builds up. Then you run it hard and it catches fire and spits out.

You should rent my OPE book of Unicorns, make sure you return it.