High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Show off your muffler mods

460 magnum

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
You are very welcome. If your saw is stock that will be plenty. I have one on my hybrid that I've opened up a bit more.

Yeah it's pretty much stock just a base gasket delete and timing advance. The factory hole is pretty dang big. I'd say 5/8 inch diameter

Agr516

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Going to MM my 044 just don't know how I want to do it. I don't want nothing cray like a inch pipe sticking out of it. Already have that on another saw trying to keep it sleekView attachment 121712

When i did my 044 muffler, all i did was open up the entire area covered by the factory deflector and remove the screen. I did not open anything up forward of the factory deflector at all. I then painted the muffler with Rustoleum black high temp grill paint. It looks great. That muffler modification and .020" off the key worth of timing advance and that saw impresses me every time i use it. It runs well enough that i dont really have a desire to have it ported.

Agr516

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I found this picture from when i did that 044 muffler. I did a 440 muffler at the same time and took the picture to show the factory hole compared to how much i opened it. From the angle of the photo,it looks like i opened it up well ahead of the deflector but i really didnt. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_1712.JPG
    IMG_1712.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 61

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I found this picture from when i did that 044 muffler. I did a 440 muffler at the same time and took the picture to show the factory hole compared to how much i opened it. From the angle of the photo,it looks like i opened it up well ahead of the deflector but i really didnt. Hope this helps.
Exactly what I did.

460 magnum

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Wow that was a lot