High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Searching for a Boiler

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
1:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I'm searching for a good used gassification boiler in the greater part of NY. My preference is an indoor unit because I am going to install it in a small shed. So an outdoor unit is not necessary.

Figured it might be a long shot but I've searched endlessly on Craigslist and haven't found what I'm looking for.

I will be using a thermal storage tank in my basement and connecting it to my existing hydronic system.

Thanks in advance for your help.

TreeWorks

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
There was one last fall in the Utica Rome area on Craigslist was still pricy was the for a long time ...... to warm nobody's thinking about selling them now tho

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah I know, I just don't want to wait until it's heating season to buy one. I searched Facebook and there was a nice Econoburn that was 20 minutes from me but it was sold and she forgot to remove the ad. I missed a killer deal. I should have started looking months ago but I was hoping to sell my Blaze King to help fund the project. It may not sell until heating season.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got a single stage gasifier if you are interested. It's a greenwood 200. 200,000 btu. I had it hooked up with 1000 gallons of storage, but it still wouldn't get me through the night. I live in a 3500 sqft 1700era farm house...

I bought a central boiler that had burned, stripped the roasted panels and insulation and slid it in my garage.
Now I can sleep through the night. It's not nearly as efficient, but neither is my house...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I didn't know the greenwood boilers were gassers. I will have to look at them closer. Thanks for letting me know, I'll let you know if I decide I'm interested.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I didn't know the greenwood boilers were gassers. I will have to look at them closer. Thanks for letting me know, I'll let you know if I decide I'm interested.

It has 4" of refractory cement surrounding the firebox so it burns at about 1200 degrees.
It likes big pieces. So less processing. And less finicky about having super seasoned wood like the downdraft models.
It had a learning curve, I really liked it except for December thru February when I had to get up 2-3 times a night to fill it on the sub 20 degree days. My house is too damn big...

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I plan to use the boiler in conjunction with a thermal storage tank. I found a 820 gal tank with 100k htx locally. A tank that size can store over 200k BTU of energy over a 50 degree differential temperature. I need to do a little more homework but believe for my needs it would only need to be fired twice a day in the worst part of winter.
It has 4" of refractory cement surrounding the firebox so it burns at about 1200 degrees.
It likes big pieces. So less processing. And less finicky about having super seasoned wood like the downdraft models.
It had a learning curve, I really liked it except for December thru February when I had to get up 2-3 times a night to fill it on the sub 20 degree days. My house is too damn big...

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are you on FHC Wade? If not Ill find a link for you. There was a fella that did a two tank setup.

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
FHC? shoot me a link. I was on Hearth trying to get some help with my BK. Still on there to get a little help with the boiler setup.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
FHC? shoot me a link. I was on Hearth trying to get some help with my BK. Still on there to get a little help with the boiler setup.

Hearth has some smart dudes! They got me going.

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm searching for a good used gassification boiler in the greater part of NY. My preference is an indoor unit because I am going to install it in a small shed. So an outdoor unit is not necessary.

Figured it might be a long shot but I've searched endlessly on Craigslist and haven't found what I'm looking for.

I will be using a thermal storage tank in my basement and connecting it to my existing hydronic system.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Have you checked out www.outdoorwoodfurnaceinfo.com
There is some good info on there and a couple really good dealers

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I've got a single stage gasifier if you are interested. It's a greenwood 200. 200,000 btu. I had it hooked up with 1000 gallons of storage, but it still wouldn't get me through the night. I live in a 3500 sqft 1700era farm house...

I bought a central boiler that had burned, stripped the roasted panels and insulation and slid it in my garage.
Now I can sleep through the night. It's not nearly as efficient, but neither is my house...

I got a builder buddy up in CT who might be able to put new windows and insulate that house some....help ya out heating that mutha up...

:)

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got a builder buddy up in CT who might be able to put new windows and insulate that house some....help ya out heating that mutha up...

:)

Lol!
Yeah he's slowly picking away at it...