Screwdriver suggestions?

Plan-b

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have the same set. Sometimes the #2 doesn't fit screws as well as my craftsman set and it seems that the flatheads are all too thick. It sucks because I really like the handles.

Ya, sometimes you have to take a little off the point to make it seat a bit deeper in the screw. I notice since they went to the anti cam out groves it does not fit as well as the old version.
As for the standard blades, the new ones are both wider and thicker, my only complaint is that some of them are not ground symmetrical. But I have had that problem with alot of screwdrivers over the years.
Call snap on customer service and tell them. They will send you new blades...
Or you can give them a grind...IMG_20150720_003959.jpg

See... Looks like a kid ground it.

Plan-b

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I heard about issues with SO and Williams #2. Partly why I shied away.

I should mention that people don't know the difference between JIS screws and phillips and then complain about the fit.

cantgitright

i am Mastermind's other profile
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Sorry to bust you mr toolman the new sk blow ass but the old expert 2 like this one real good bout the best I've laid my mitts on View attachment 18284
weren't those made by Facom, for SK?
I haven't bought anything SK in a long time... well before Ideal bought them...
I was talking the old hard green plastic handle ones, they could take a beating...idk about the new ones though?

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got some new sk screwdrivers they're just ok those in the picture are made in France is all I know bout em and they're called expert 2

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
These are the new ones..... They now live on my boat ... That's how much I care about em. image.jpg

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was talking about these...idk if these are new or old though...they have had that handle for a long time...
View attachment 18304
Can't say for sure? These new ones I got are cushion grip I'm gonna guess that's the only diffrence ? Also don't recall the price difference just noticed they aren't as precise as the French ones... The hard green handle may be better quality but I'm afraid they may not be either .... I have loads of sk stuff 3/4 drive old ratchets down to 1/4 stuff all good just wasn't happy with my latest pack of screwdrivers that aren't much better than a craftsman.
Edit these I have are not cushion grip and it could be possible the ones with the solid green handles are of better quality . There's also a chance in too harsh on the quality of these . They sure aren't as nice as the French ones though not many I've ever had are that includes the tool truck quality

panteliss

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Looking at buying a set of Phillips and standard drivers. Don't want to cheap out, but probably not going to spend top dollar, either.

I have some Wiha T-handles, but looks like a set of drivers is over $150?! Not gonna happen...

I see Witte Maxpro mentioned around. Also Wera. Have heard mixed reviews on Klein, maybe quality not what it once was?

Anyway, curious about your experiences.

This is the best screwdriver around the world far better that everything else is now in the market
ChampionScrewDriver-1.jpg
1431775110-photo1e-o.jpg