Saws that you sold then seen resold

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
9:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So have you ever seen one of ypir saw you sokd go back up for sail?
I sold a husky 353 couple years ago and i was honest with the guy and told him the after market parts on it including a hutzle top end.
A year later see it back for sail saying all oem. I really wanted to post an add saying it wasnt oem but never did.
I was 100 percent.sure it.was my old saw. It had two distinctive marks on it.

Anyone else have anything like this? And what would you do?

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I haven't seen any on this site but I have seen them on Another Site

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve seen a couple of saws I sold get resold by others. One I almost bought one back...

If I had been in your shoes I probably would have asked in his thread if he had changed out the AM top end for an OEM one.

Chainsaw Addict

GO HOOSIERS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had a very nice 660 that I sold locally. Buyer needed for some big trees. Saw it posted a few months later. Sold quickly again. It had small chip on cylinder cover above spark plug so easy to spot.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Chainsaw Addict

GO HOOSIERS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had bought it on here from Rye out in Cali just because looked so good but I have a 660 and MMWS 661R. Still hated to sell it. I always have seller's remorse....No I don't have a problem!
Had a very nice 660 that I sold locally. Buyer needed for some big trees. Saw it posted a few months later. Sold quickly again. It had small chip on cylinder cover above spark plug so easy to spot.

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have had a couple of 266s, one was minty. Sold it to a buddy of mine and about a year later in came in the shop for a new rope, but a different guy owned it. No mistaking that it was the same one, had the sticker on the exact same spot on the top cover from the dealership where I served out my apprenticeship when it was sold new. Tried to buy it back for $100.00 more than I had sold it for, no such luck.

The other one I had completely rebuilt with an OEM 272 top end, even did a thread about it here in the site. Sold it to a different buddy and less than three months later a pawn shop had it advertised. :(

brandonstclair20

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I traded a poulan 2700 for a shindaiwa 488. I also sold the guy a 2800 for $20. I then saw the poulan 2700 for sale for $90 and the guy parting out the 2800. The 2700 ad dissapeared a few days later, surely he didn’t get $90 for it. He was only asking $40 for the 488.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have had a couple of 266s, one was minty. Sold it to a buddy of mine and about a year later in came in the shop for a new rope, but a different guy owned it. No mistaking that it was the same one, had the sticker on the exact same spot on the top cover from the dealership where I served out my apprenticeship when it was sold new. Tried to buy it back for $100.00 more than I had sold it for, no such luck.

The other one I had completely rebuilt with an OEM 272 top end, even did a thread about it here in the site. Sold it to a different buddy and less than three months later a pawn shop had it advertised. :(

Your buddies suck man.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I sell saws quite often and only one that I sold showed up again that I noticed. It went around to at least a couple different people on the saw forums. I think it got ported along the way... It was a Jonsered 2172.

Once I sell something (anything) I don't care what someone else does with it, it's theirs, not mine, so not my say anymore.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve seen a couple of saws I sold get resold by others. One I almost bought one back...

If I had been in your shoes I probably would have asked in his thread if he had changed out the AM top end for an OEM one.
It was on kijiji. I would have had to make an add to let others know or personal message him which would probly.do nothing.
It was a darn good saw when i sold it but not sure how he treated it. It had a new bar and chain that he put on.
I just felt bad for the next owner that thought they were getting a stock oem saw.

It was a lightly ported saw too which he never mentioned.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It was on kijiji. I would have had to make an add to let others know or personal message him which would probly.do nothing.
It was a darn good saw when i sold it but not sure how he treated it. It had a new bar and chain that he put on.
I just felt bad for the next owner that thought they were getting a stock oem saw.

Well, I guess you can't know that he didn't rebuild the saw with all OEM parts after he got it from you. I wouldn't lose sleep over it either way.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I know what you mean. I hate not being able to comment on Kijiji ads some times. Had to report a coupl scams in the last couple of weeks too.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, I guess you can't know that he didn't rebuild the saw with all OEM parts after he got it from you. I wouldn't lose sleep over it either way.
Oem was over 400 for a new piston and cylinder. That was why i went aftermarket. Think he had it for 300 . I sold it to him for 200. Wont loose sleep just hate seeing other get ripped off. I wouldnt want to.