sawpocalypse 2019

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
3:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now I feel a little better about myself. I'm not the only one with the problem............. Although I don't have a 2171..... Might need to track one down now. Kinda forgot about one of those. :facepalm:
It only gets worse never better am I right? :smash2:

Steven
If I was seriously firewooding or doing tree work I think I would like a 2172 a little more. Other than the bottom end issues at least. As a moonlighting wood dick and hobbyist the 2171 is a lot more fun. Maybe you already know this though.

Tbrown

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My grandpa bought a super 44a new, was his only saw until he bought a 038 super in 1987. He basically only ran two saws his entire life, used to sell 100 face cord a year. He cut a lot of wood with that one saw, felling to limbing, to blocking. He is gone now but I'd like to see my dad run a super 44a again.

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I was seriously firewooding or doing tree work I think I would like a 2172 a little more. Other than the bottom end issues at least. As a moonlighting wood dick and hobbyist the 2171 is a lot more fun. Maybe you already know this though.

Yes Sir. I had a 365xt I rebuilt from the bottom up as a 372xt. Did a few mods and I really liked it. But foolish me I sold it.

Tried to buy one of the 2166 that were on ebay. Thought what a deal. But mine arrived smashed and broken. Had to get a refund because they wouldn't ship a replacement. But ehh ohh well that's my luck sometimes.

Steven

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes Sir. I had a 365xt I rebuilt from the bottom up as a 372xt. Did a few mods and I really liked it. But foolish me I sold it.

Tried to buy one of the 2166 that were on ebay. Thought what a deal. But mine arrived smashed and broken. Had to get a refund because they wouldn't ship a replacement. But ehh ohh well that's my luck sometimes.

Steven
I lucked out on that deal.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dave, if you need help re assembling 044s or hybrids, I've done a few of them, and the OEM ones are a lot less problematic than the Asian ones!!!

For some reason I just seem to like working on 440/460/660 saws … while my 034 stays in the shed indefinitely!

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
9:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I only noticed that You have a KMS and a red Makita. :cool:

Nice collection You have there, but it's not really "impressive" as long as you can list all the saws You have - You'll need a couple dozen more! :p

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
how do you not have one of those 181s built into a race saw yet?? :zpong:
The Ken Dunn 181 might be a great race saw but I need to test the cylinder with a meteor piston and then send it out with a wiseco piston to be replated if it is fast.
Somebody might build me a 181 this winter too :)

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
a little of both, I would love to get rid of some of them, but would also love to find guys who would rebuild some of the oddball stuff I will never get to :)

I'd be willing to throw my hat in the ring to work on a project saw for you if you would like. I'm pretty easy going and will work on any brand of power saw and amicable to dickering, haggling and all manors of horse trading as well. :)

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
12:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The Ken Dunn 181 might be a great race saw but I need to test the cylinder with a meteor piston and then send it out with a wiseco piston to be replated if it is fast.
Somebody might build me a 181 this winter too :)

I'll bet I know a guy...