Saw video thread

Brewz

Free Range Human in a Tax Farm
Local time
5:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Having a cleanup I found an old 08s I have had sitting around for a couple years.
Repaired the broken throttle trigger, rebuilt the carb, new fuel lines, new cylinder gasket, a fresh loop of Oregon 404 and off she went.
I am giving it to a friend who with her boyfriend, take an incredible collection of vintage saws around to regional shows for demonstrations.

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey Tony did ypu have alot of assembly oil in her? Or muffler full of oil? She sure did smoke for a long time once it was to temp.

Brewz

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey Tony did ypu have alot of assembly oil in her? Or muffler full of oil? She sure did smoke for a long time once it was to temp.
Yeah had had issues with the carb initially until a bath in the ultrasonic cleaner saw unimaginable crap come out, then it ran great.
I think the muffler was full of oil.
I was cutting thinking, is thing gunna catch fire or what?

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
3:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Having a cleanup I found an old 08s I have had sitting around for a couple years.
Repaired the broken throttle trigger, rebuilt the carb, new fuel lines, new cylinder gasket, a fresh loop of Oregon 404 and off she went.
I am giving it to a friend who with her boyfriend, take an incredible collection of vintage saws around to regional shows for demonstrations.
This is what it looks like cuttin wood drunk

Postrip

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bloody good weekend but the Maitland wonder was not there to show us how it's done
There was most of the current Title holders there,,, as you know competition was tough... especially in the inclement weather conditions.
Most of the Experienced guys are ready to get out of racing... time is limited 4 me also.I
Enjoy it, but the rules etc are about to be Amended again, as there is too many grey areas that guys are exploiting (trying to cheat)
Cut some of the toughest Iron Bark billets ever the weekend before Taree.... sorted the men from the boys:)

460cixy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The rips were great and some seriously close racing all weekend the ankle deep mud was not going to slow anyone down and no one really complained about the weather as *s-word as it was it sure is a mans sport no doubt about it

Brewz

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bloody good weekend but the Maitland wonder was not there to show us how it's done

Matt, I'm no wonder, I just enjoying playing with chainsaws and want to come have some fun, participate and support the sport.
I could have come race at Taree but out of respect for the experienced racers, I declined from coming and getting in the way at a state title event.
Being inexperienced I will ease on in at smaller shows when i get time to come along.
How did you go racing at Taree?

460cixy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I never raced this year had zero time to get gear together being the main thing work has been too busy with all our staff either leaving or dieing lately Only took one hot saw up to get a second/third opinion on. Plenty of green horns raced one bloke in particular Craig from Cooma complete novice competed in just about every event and had a ball

Postrip

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cool. Looked like a tie. Lol
Very close!
I’m in the blue shirt, sawyer on the 2nd billet from camera,my partner just threw his hands 1st :)
The 1st team are both good mates of mine! Matt the sawyer in the 1st team was using a 3120xp from my stable.
It’s a new recipe I’ve been working on, & that saw has helped him be so successful the last 6 months or so...I’m just happy that he’s happy with it . I actually won the Australian Teams Post Ripping Title with the tall guy in the team closest to camera, back at the 2016 Titles.
We ran 2nd this yr at the Titles my wife & I held in northern NSW

Last edited: