huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
4:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tell them you want specifics of the violation, and tell them if they don't provide it you will file a lawsuit against them for violation of your civil rights!
YouTube is theirs, not ours. I would think it would be a privilege to be able to post there, not a right

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
YouTube is theirs, not ours. I would think it would be a privilege to be able to post there, not a right

They all have a set of rules that you have to follow, but they can not take action against you if they can not reasonably say you violated their rules.

They can not just suspend you for no reason, and you have a right to know what the reason is.

If they say you violated their rules, and give an example, not much you can do (even if you disagree), but if they suspend you w/o a reason, you can go after them. They are violating your right to free expression.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They all have a set of rules that you have to follow, but they can not take action against you if they can not reasonably say you violated their rules.

They can not just suspend you for no reason, and you have a right to know what the reason is.

If they say you violated their rules, and give an example, not much you can do (even if you disagree), but if they suspend you w/o a reason, you can go after them. They are violating your right to free expression.
Idk. I guess I don’t see it like that.

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree it’s there product, and if you violate a rule, your cut off, it would be nice if they let people know the reason, but that is there right. I would ask the reason myself. Most people have been having trouble because they didn’t have the “made for kids” setting set up correctly. They have been sending the warnings for a while now.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You are correct that there is no constitutional right to be able to post videos.

But if someone chooses to operate such a service, and establishes rules, they must also abide by their established rules, or at least have a reasonable basis for their actions.

It becomes a public space, just like (for instance) a restaurant. They can't refuse to serve you just because they don't want to, they must have an appropriate reason for their action.

You may not have any "right" to eat in a restaurant, but once the "public space" has been established, they must have valid reason not to serve you.

You Tube is a public space, not a private club.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You are correct that there is no constitutional right to be able to post videos.

But if someone chooses to operate such a service, and establishes rules, they must also abide by their established rules, or at least have a reasonable basis for their actions.

It becomes a public space, just like (for instance) a restaurant. They can't refuse to serve you just because they don't want to, they must have an appropriate reason for their action.

You may not have any "right" to eat in a restaurant, but once the "public space" has been established, they must have valid reason not to serve you.

You Tube is a public space, not a private club.
Why do you see signs in bars or restaurants that says “we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone”?

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Why do you see signs in bars or restaurants that says “we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone”?

Just because a sign is posted does not make it legally enforceable. Lots of signs are posted that are NOT legally enforceable.

That is a judgement the bartender is allowed (and even required) to make because it is deemed to be for the public good (and safety).

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep, I have been turned away from playing golf places because I wasn’t wearing a collared shirt, and some places blue jeans won’t cut it, it’s there rules

sonoransaw

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

True...but when they offer a service and then treat their "customers" unfairly without explanation (throwing out years of investment for no apparent reason), it's tough to just accept as a revoked privilege...