High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Saw video thread

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
3:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
thats much more attractive than the prices i saw. the guy i work with is stuck on 200ts. sweet when they run, but the couple he bought used and “rebuilt” ( from a well known 200t person) have been problematic. im trying to get him to consider something other than a btf 200t for $600+. ive run ported 2511s and they are sweet imo. ive not run a ported 151 so as i said, im curious.

I never caught on to what made guys pay twice for a 200 over a 201c for less torque, more vibes and a gas eater.

I guess it's not for me to figure out, internet folklore I suppose.

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I never caught on to what made guys pay twice for a 200 over a 201c for less torque, more vibes and a gas eater.

I guess it's not for me to figure out, internet folklore I suppose.
i dont have any use for a top handle saw so i dont know either. but this guy has really never been exposed to anything other than a 200t so i gotta figure out how to convince him that there are better options

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
i dont have any use for a top handle saw so i dont know either. but this guy has really never been exposed to anything other than a 200t so i gotta figure out how to convince him that there are better options

Good luck, some habits die hard with some people.

That's gonna be harder than when I tried to talk Dallas down from gender reassignment surgery.

I never had any emotional attachment to a chainsaw so I was always open to learn something new..some people aren't like that, I've showed a handful of my tree friends that the folklore of the 200 doesn't really translate well compared to a new 201..I know a guy that paid 1400 for a NOS 200..he felt like an idiot after taking one of my 201s for the day..and not just the torque difference, but the fuel economy and vibes as well.

See if Dyno Joe will compare them, you'll see what I mean..then show it to him.

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good luck, some habits die hard with some people.

That's gonna be harder than when I tried to talk Dallas down from gender reassignment surgery.

I never had any emotional attachment to a chainsaw so I was always open to learn something new..some people aren't like that, I've showed a handful of my tree friends that the folklore of the 200 doesn't really translate well compared to a new 201..I know a guy that paid 1400 for a NOS 200..he felt like an idiot after taking one of my 201s for the day..and not just the torque difference, but the fuel economy and vibes as well.

See if Dyno Joe will compare them, you'll see what I mean..then show it to him.
hes been at it for a while and it may be that he had a 201 at some point and it wasnt great, who knows…

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
hes been at it for a while and it may be that he had a 201 at some point and it wasnt great, who knows…

The first 201s weren't that great..not bad..but not real speedy. A 200 sounds like a rocket compared to the first round of standard carb 201s. You know what they say about sound..in reality if you got balls deep in a decent sized piece of wood even the early 201s had decent torque, they just didn't sound as mean as a 200.

The new 3.0 mtron 201s are tits.

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Im not " into" or crazy about my top handles , as they usually just do trail duty or limb/brush work with me.
I did like the 200t I ran for awhile, but I like the old 2 trigger Super Xl2 Homelite ( metal body) too , and reliable as a stone, ive let it sit till the gas went brown and poured it out , put fresh in and it just runs great.
I believe the Echo fans too , found one in a scrap yard for 25$ cs-330t. Its been a great little saw with plenty of power; after a muffler gut. Ive run it as is from the scrapyard for a couple years and finally put some seals and a piston and ring in it. It really barks now.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
2:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The saw looks better than you, old man.
That ain't very nice. If I had feelings you could've hurt em.
The first 201s weren't that great..not bad..but not real speedy. A 200 sounds like a rocket compared to the first round of standard carb 201s. You know what they say about sound..in reality if you got balls deep in a decent sized piece of wood even the early 201s had decent torque, they just didn't sound as mean as a 200.

The new 3.0 mtron 201s are tits.
Spot on in every way.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been working on this clone for a while. It took a bit to straighten out the transfers ports as they where rotated around the bore axis quite a bit such that they where pointing 10-15 deg different.