Restoration work

Brewz

Free Range Human in a Tax Farm
Local time
1:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like to strip a saw when I get it, clean it and rebuild it, replacing all the bits that need it as I go.
For saws I use for firewood work, They can wear their scratches as I would be paranoid about damaging all my hard work if I made them all pretty again.

I could never have a new saw.

My 066 red light that still has a working red light........ I plan to do a restore on it.

I have a friend with a big sand blaster that I can borrow.
He also Cerakote's rifles which is a baked on ceramic paint. It is very tough.

Plan is to sand blast all the bits, repair any big scratches etc and make a custom mix of white with a bit of grey

Then I will toss the old OEM jug and fit one of those good Chinese ones on it cause it will look newer ;)

Sty57

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
10:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
View attachment 12971
View attachment 12972
It runs great, and I don't have much into it other than elbow grease
That is the part I like the most.
Make them run good and look great for cheap. Sometimes it don't work out like that but it's still fun.

The way I look at it is, if I'm doing it for my self. I don't care how long it takes, most of the time I just like getting out in the shop for a little bit by myself.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
11:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is the part I like the most.
Make them run good and look great for cheap. Sometimes it don't work out like that but it's still fun.

The way I look at it is, if I'm doing it for my self. I don't care how long it takes, most of the time I just like getting out in the shop for a little bit by myself.
I hear ya. We don't burn wood in the house, just in the garage. So I have to go out there to justify having the saws, lol. Vicious circle.
Am cover, air filter bits, seals and about 10 hours