Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
5:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Front Camera broke on my phone, so all the pics are from the selfie camera.

First off the box, With a mmws cross top end kit. Only using the parts in the box unless something fails down the rd.
fbc617f54d71dd7e167d13c1dcd28601.jpg
b7f333710500253c08616ce449285983.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wanted to get it running stock. Figuring I would have plenty of issues yo iron out before having a solid running saw.

Have a stock oem 660 here to compare against once I get some test wood.

I must have got extremely lucky with my kit....

Only issue I ran into was a little piston skirt interference with the crank counterweights. Few swipes with a file all was good.

Everything seemed to be nice quality, no major casting flaws jumped out. Everything fit nice. This is my second "stihl" saw assembly. But everything went together smooth.

Finished assembly, added fuel,oil,bar,chain and prepared for a battle. Figured I would have to fight with the carb,ignition,oiler something had to go wrong. Right??

Set choke, pull 3 times. She pops. (SAWEEET!!) 2 more pulls fires right up. Couple piss revs, set it down to idle 10 min to clean the bench grab the tach etc. Come back blip the throttle, check the tune. Right at 12,500. Didn't even touch the carb settings from the bag.

Now writing this out will probably jinx me, but I home the luck stays with this China saw.

Performance seemed ok with the 25" 3/8 I had. Want to get more time on it then try porting both jugs.
2e7dd1181c54c2cccedc5d8e3b54e995.jpg

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wanted to get it running stock. Figuring I would have plenty of issues yo iron out before having a solid running saw.

Have a stock oem 660 here to compare against once I get some test wood.

I must have got extremely lucky with my kit....

Only issue I ran into was a little piston skirt interference with the crank counterweights. Few swipes with a file all was good.

Everything seemed to be nice quality, no major casting flaws jumped out. Everything fit nice. This is my second "stihl" saw assembly. But everything went together smooth.

Finished assembly, added fuel,oil,bar,chain and prepared for a battle. Figured I would have to fight with the carb,ignition,oiler something had to go wrong. Right??

Set choke, pull 3 times. She pops. (SAWEEET!!) 2 more pulls fires right up. Couple piss revs, set it down to idle 10 min to clean the bench grab the tach etc. Come back blip the throttle, check the tune. Right at 12,500. Didn't even touch the carb settings from the bag.

Now writing this out will probably jinx me, but I home the luck stays with this China saw.

Performance seemed ok with the 25" 3/8 I had. Want to get more time on it then try porting both jugs.
2e7dd1181c54c2cccedc5d8e3b54e995.jpg

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Awesome, sounds like my kit too. I just beveled the inside of the skirt a bit and it fixed my clearance issue. Only thing I could see failing quick is the worm gear. I've never had luck with the aftermarket ones. So far only oem parts on mine is the worm gear and tensioner.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Awesome, sounds like my kit too. I just beveled the inside of the skirt a bit and it fixed my clearance issue. Only thing I could see failing quick is the worm gear. I've never had luck with the aftermarket ones. So far only oem parts on mine is the worm gear and tensioner.

Tensioner definitely had a rough feel. But seems to work fine. Figure it will wear in or out eventually.

I did snip the "ear" on the cross piston clips. Didn't like the really sharp bend on em.

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Tensioner definitely had a rough feel. But seems to work fine. Figure it will wear in or out eventually.

I did snip the "ear" on the cross piston clips. Didn't like the really sharp bend on em.
Only reason mine has a oem tensioner is because I happened to have one already lol. Good luck with your build.