00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's sweet.
Check your inbox, I just sent you a couple thousand pictures to fix:risas3:.
Really though, very impressive, like the way those lights inside pop with color :campeon:.

Yeah that Gino's Gelato in Bray is well known to local photographers. It looks even crazier in person compared to the photos, and if they want they can make the lights change colors and undulate like it's Christmas. I assume they don't do that too often to avoid people having seizures:

169047912.L42fUR1i.jpg

Random train pic

169467600.cUwc4IX1.jpg

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am trying to maximize my methanol banshee, I got my heat gun out and tested cylinder head and coolant temp, I was shocked how cool it ran I couldn’t get coolant over 115 degrees!! And the head was 90-100°, that was this weekend,should be 140-160°! And it would cool quickly! I put a coolant gage on it today and tested it at home, and had the idea of putting an inline ball valve to restrict coolant flow....I was disappointed to never get coolant temp above 100° an with my flow valve closed the coolant temperature stalled and head temp would not get to 115°, I got frustrated and dumped all the coolant and, finally hit 137° at the spark plug, and then it instantly cooled back down to 115°

I can’t believe it wants to stay that cool! I need heat! LolView attachment 189798
Get her off the meth and I bet she'll get hot!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am trying to maximize my methanol banshee, I got my heat gun out and tested cylinder head and coolant temp, I was shocked how cool it ran I couldn’t get coolant over 115 degrees!! And the head was 90-100°, that was this weekend,should be 140-160°! And it would cool quickly! I put a coolant gage on it today and tested it at home, and had the idea of putting an inline ball valve to restrict coolant flow....I was disappointed to never get coolant temp above 100° an with my flow valve closed the coolant temperature stalled and head temp would not get to 115°, I got frustrated and dumped all the coolant and, finally hit 137° at the spark plug, and then it instantly cooled back down to 115°

I can’t believe it wants to stay that cool! I need heat! LolView attachment 189798
IR heat sensors can get a low reading on polished surfaces unless you can change a setting for such shiny surfaces. If that's the kind of sensor you used, it could be running 50 degrees hotter.

grizz55chev

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
2980C358-04C3-4B80-8E2A-498E1BD48F10.jpeg 4th of July weekend, took a little boat ride to a local lake not frequented by the hoards from the city. The waters too cold and not many places to sit on the beach, but a very nice population of native rainbows to be had, if you know how. We left the house at noon, met our son and grandson there for a peaceful afternoon of fishing and swimming, ( I didn’t get in, the water was 54 degrees! ) Everyone caught fish, but I caught the one in the picture, let the rest go. We had the lake to ourselves, by the way!

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IR heat sensors can get a low reading on polished surfaces unless you can change a setting for such shiny surfaces. If that's the kind of sensor you used, it could be running 50 degrees hotter.
Yes I used an Ir heat gun, and last night installed an in-line temp sensor, I was using both. Thanks for the info on the heat gun. I tested several locations on the head the spark plug the radiator hose directly off the head, the radiator is black. My inline coolant sensor is about 2 inch’s from the head, it peaked out a 105°!
The heat gun matched the coolant sensor when I shoot the hose right next to it, Ann the head was real close, 5-10° warmer, the hottest reading was the spark plug at the base. Do you think putting some tape on the head and shoot it would be more accurate?

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had twin grandsons about 2 months ago, one had open heart surgery when he was 4 days old.
There is a million worth of equipment watching him, he has since been home for 6 weeks and gained 2 lbs.
He should be fine for life.
View attachment 189849

Thats great news! How is your other grand twin doing? How are mom and dad doing?

I know first hand how scary its is when a newborn is not healthy. My son was in NICU for the first month of his life for many ailments. He is 8 now and you would never know he had a rough start! He is doing just fine now.

20190505_093314.jpg