redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
1:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Rodger that.

This fugger didn't need any bolts to hold it on, she's not letting go. Going to need the BFH to get that bearing flange to release.

Try to get the hub "flange" to rotate on the knuckle first. I use an air hammer for that.

Once you get it off, use a chisel, files, whatever to get the inside of the knuckle cleaned up.

DuratecMan10

GFY! I'll never be straight !!!
Local time
2:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Finally had a chance to organize the top of my tool box at work today. Gotta do the bottom shelf at another time
bda92b8974888339237a1fa585370116.jpg

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Looks good. I want one of those in extreme green. What do you do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WillG

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks good. I want one of those in extreme green. What do you do?

Marine technician. Mostly working on outboards, electronics installations, prepping new boats, services, winterizations, diagnosing and repairing running problems, etc

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How do you like that Matco? I'm in the market for a good 1/2"-3/8" one. Looking at used Cornwell's, those suckers are expensive used!

I use Ingersoll titanium impacts.
Both my 1/2" and 3/8" get the chit kicked out of them 5 days a week.
Both are over 15 years old. I've replaced countless anvils in them, a few vane kits and had to replace the handle on my 1/2 after the handle cracked.

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How do you like that Matco? I'm in the market for a good 1/2"-3/8" one. Looking at used Cornwell's, those suckers are expensive used!

Much stronger than the ir titaniums. Very happy with them.

Stay away from cornwell air tools. My experience with them is they dont have the torque they advertise. Was never impressed by blue tools...

DuratecMan10

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Marine technician. Mostly working on outboards, electronics installations, prepping new boats, services, winterizations, diagnosing and repairing running problems, etc

Awesome, that's a cool job Will!

DuratecMan10

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I use Ingersoll titanium impacts.
Both my 1/2" and 3/8" get the chit kicked out of them 5 days a week.
Both are over 15 years old. I've replaced countless anvils in them, a few vane kits and had to replace the handle on my 1/2 after the handle cracked.

Excellent, I was just looking at some used IR's. I'll probably pick one of those up. It's priced well and will last me!

DuratecMan10

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Much stronger than the ir titaniums. Very happy with them.

Stay away from cornwell air tools. My experience with them is they dont have the torque they advertise. Was never impressed by blue tools...

Cool, sounds good to me! I've heard of the Snappy air guns blowing out, I want a Mac or an IR but the Macs are either beat to snut or way overpriced. I have a few Cornwell hand tools I've been impressed with but never see a truck.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cool, sounds good to me! I've heard of the Snappy air guns blowing out, I want a Mac or an IR but the Macs are either beat to snut or way overpriced. I have a few Cornwell hand tools I've been impressed with but never see a truck.

I had Snap-on and Mac impacts way back when. Still have them at home actually.
Around here our Snap-on guy is great. Always shows up. Easy to work with.
Our Mac guy shows up, but we went without one for about a 5 year stretch, and when he first came around, tried to tell me my broken power steering pump pulley kit couldnt be swapped out because Mac redesigned it and he could take it in "on trade"...yeah, no. I hand you broken, you hand me new.. that went on for 6 months. I flat out told him if he won't warranty broken lifetime tools, I will never buy from him. He finally warrantied it, but I have never bought a thing after 10 years or so.
Matco guy is new, only have had a truck around for a year or so. 8 years or so prior, had a different guy who lasted maybe 2 years.