Jetmd

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Smithville, MO..Born in Iowa by the grace of God
Country flag
Brenda and I went to Iowa this past weekend to cut some wood with friends.
Along the way we stopped on the West side of Albia at the Welcome Home Soldier grounds.
This is a beautiful display if you are ever in the area and can stop in to see it.

IMG_1138.jpeg IMG_1140.jpeg IMG_1141.jpeg IMG_1142.jpeg IMG_1143.jpeg

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Brand new Lionel Polar Express 15th Anniversary Edition.

It's eventually going to my grandson, but since he's only 8 months I figured G'Pa needs to make sure everything is right.

Nothing worse than a gift that doesn't work. :D

Im running a post-war Pennsy S2 on the freight and a trolley on the inside track. My daughter set up the town.

20191211_183704_HDR.jpg 20191211_184236_HDR.jpg 20191211_184900_HDR.jpg

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
12:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cats likin the tree
d307882a0a17b8e654b04807daa97394.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

MarkEagleUSA

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nothing worse than a gift that doesn't work. :D
Can't let the little guy be disappointed. ;)

Im running a post-war Pennsy S2 on the freight and a trolley on the inside track. My daughter set up the town.
I'm new to Lionel. Had a killer HO setup when I was a teenager. Started out as a 4x8 on top of the pool table and quickly became most of the family room. Lost a little interest when I got my license at 16 (I wonder why?) and when we moved right after high school there was no room for it at the new place so I gave it all away to a friend.

When my girls were younger I dabbled with a small N-scale setup but never finished it. Parts of it are still in the basement. We went to a local toy & hobby shop on Thankgiving weekend and they had a huge Lionel setup on display (the whole basement of the store... layout is 12x24) and were running this Polar Express. The engine is gloss black and the cars are metalized... it's really sharp looking ( I'll try to get some better pics). The set was on sale and I couldn't be denied! ;)

Now I'm researching a modest layout I can build. I found some plans for a 5x9 layout modeled after the set from The Addams Family

that I think I'll start collecting parts for.

This hobby might rival my chainsaw addiction in terms of dollars... o_O

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can't let the little guy be disappointed. ;)

I'm new to Lionel. Had a killer HO setup when I was a teenager. Started out as a 4x8 on top of the pool table and quickly became most of the family room. Lost a little interest when I got my license at 16 (I wonder why?) and when we moved right after high school there was no room for it at the new place so I gave it all away to a friend.

When my girls were younger I dabbled with a small N-scale setup but never finished it. Parts of it are still in the basement. We went to a local toy & hobby shop on Thankgiving weekend and they had a huge Lionel setup on display (the whole basement of the store... layout is 12x24) and were running this Polar Express. The engine is gloss black and the cars are metalized... it's really sharp looking ( I'll try to get some better pics). The set was on sale and I couldn't be denied! ;)

Now I'm researching a modest layout I can build. I found some plans for a 5x9 layout modeled after the set from The Addams Family

that I think I'll start collecting parts for.

This hobby might rival my chainsaw addiction in terms of dollars... o_O

Sounds like my life! Had a 8×12 layout in my basement. Ran 3 tracks powered by a 275 watt ZW. but when i moved i lost my basement. Pulled the rails like so many short lines in America and sold my high end locos. Just have about half of what i had. Wish i didnt sell some of my trains but id rather someone enjoy them then they sit in a box in the closest.

MarkEagleUSA

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I still have to spend a few more thousand on chainsaws to exceed my Lionel fetish over the years!:D
When I saw the price on some of the loco's at the hobby shop my first thought was "how many saws could i buy with that kind of money?"

But I keep telling myself that every little boy needs a train set (and even some big boys too)...