Random pics (that you took) thread...

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just fired it up in the garage just to see if it would even run with what I did to the carb, but I still have work to do and parts to install. I had 2 sets of earplugs and it still startled me when it first fired with the snappiness and noise. Runs like crap with a super high idle, hopefully tuning will fix all that, but it didn't die. Hopefully the timing isn't too far advanced either, at least it didn't bite me when I pulled it.

DSC02834 (800x600).jpg DSC02840 (800x718).jpg

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just fired it up in the garage just to see if it would even run with what I did to the carb, but I still have work to do and parts to install. I had 2 sets of earplugs and it still startled me when it first fired with the snappiness and noise. Runs like crap with a super high idle, hopefully tuning will fix all that, but it didn't die. Hopefully the timing isn't too far advanced either, at least it didn't bite me when I pulled it.

View attachment 202098 View attachment 202099

Looks like its all shaft, no balls? :D

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
10:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 202098 View attachment 202099
Id like to here that thing run.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Drptrch

Coastal Fartknocker
Local time
10:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice haul thru Marin up the coast
9e2cc3bf6e36d8f1fbf8df6403b22250.jpg

Erik

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Id like to here that thing run.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
I think I'll go back to the stock carb for now, I just can't get the idle down, it will idle normally after slowly releasing the throttle from in the mid range but slowly surges back up. The midrange is dead lean, it won't stall, but it sounds like you have a super heavy flywheel on and turned off the ignition. The low speed will lean out to a fast smooth 2 stroking idle, so lean won't work, I don't know why the slow idle off mid range though. The idle stop is backed out all the way. Full throttle mixture sounds good too except it is very very slow to spool up, maybe too rich. I was trying to use a 355t carb. I retarded the timing to stock, but that didn't affect the slow acceleration issue.

EDIT:

Ok, now after analyzing the video, it's hard to make out the rpm using my sound method, but I think my slow acceleration problem is in part because it could be idling at around 11,000rpm and accelerating up to over 16,000!

In the garage and on video it sounds like a race car :)

Last edited:

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Echo have a very aggressive timing advance. I would test it with and without it to see if there's any difference. Randy said you can go backwards on an echo messing with the timing. MWeba showed that Echo CDi ignitions advance the timing up to 36* depending on where it is. Echo do not use 'dumb' ignitions. They've had their CDi for a while now.

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think I'll go back to the stock carb for now, I just can't get the idle down, it will idle normally after slowly releasing the throttle from in the mid range but slowly surges back up. The midrange is dead lean, it won't stall, but it sounds like you have a super heavy flywheel on and turned off the ignition. The low speed will lean out to a fast smooth 2 stroking idle, so lean won't work, I don't know why the slow idle off mid range though. The idle stop is backed out all the way. Full throttle mixture sounds good too except it is very very slow to spool up, maybe too rich. I was trying to use a 355t carb. I retarded the timing to stock, but that didn't affect the slow acceleration issue.

EDIT:

Ok, now after analyzing the video, it's hard to make out the rpm using my sound method, but I think my slow acceleration problem is in part because it could be idling at around 11,000rpm and accelerating up to over 16,000!

In the garage and on video it sounds like a race car :)

There's a lot of meat on the WT venturi VS the throttle and choke opening diameters. Maybe a tiny bit of massaging can get ya a bit more bore.

upload_2019-10-7_13-43-4.png

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
U joint let go and got to scrappin with the case ?

Nope. Thats the side of the case.
Transverse mounted engine/trans.
Case bolts to the right side of the transmission. 1 shaft goes all the way through to the right cv shaft.
Then there is a gear set that drives to the rear prop shaft.
I will get a couple more pics in the morning after I get it out of the vehicle.

Thats where the bearings/carrier for the gear set are supposed to hang out!