Random pics (that you took) thread...

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've worked on worse things. Mines a 98 with the 5speed.
It's a long reach under the hood, that intake is fun to pull, not difficult, but time consuming. I asked a buddy of mine who wrenches for a living if doing a timing belt on a certain vehicle was hard, he said it's not hard, it just takes longer, I liked that way of thinking about it :).
Sweet, that would make a great pulling machine. Always wanted a 300 or the toyota with the turbo 6 cylinder.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
12:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's a long reach under the hood, that intake is fun to pull, not difficult, but time consuming. I asked a buddy of mine who wrenches for a living if doing a timing belt on a certain vehicle was hard, he said it's not hard, it just takes longer, I liked that way of thinking about it :).
Sweet, that would make a great pulling machine. Always wanted a 300 or the toyota with the turbo 6 cylinder.

An ES 300 or GS 300?

I wouldn't mind and LX from the 90's either.

Oh how I'd love to get a diesel Toyota truck or SUV from over seas.

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That should have failed. 4" above the cowl in the path of the wipers is what MSHP has written. But most inspection stations dont bother failing windshields or other glass defects because they dont make money on glass repair.

Not trying to start something. Just saying that should have failed.
The other item is that if MSHP sees it after passing, they've no idea when it cracked. One inspector told me ahead of time why he woodn't pass it my mechanic recommended another who ran his nails across & said good to go, drive the car for a couple days :risas3: he also wants me to glue the inside mirror on each vehicle back up.
dub11 I wood like the little diesel Ford from Europe 63 mpg highway unless you're drafting a trailer which reduces fuel consumption

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The other item is that if MSHP sees it after passing, they've no idea when it cracked. One inspector told me ahead of time why he woodn't pass it my mechanic recommended another who ran his nails across & said good to go, drive the car for a couple days :risas3: he also wants me to glue the inside mirror on each vehicle back up.
dub11 I wood like the little diesel Ford from Europe 63 mpg highway unless you're drafting a trailer which reduces fuel consumption

Yep, there are a bunch of stations that pass stuff for money under the table and pass stuff so they dont have to defend their reasoning to the customer. If you have ever been bent over by a patrols man for a inspection error you'll take being an inspector seriously.

But i do get your reasoning. How the hell do i know that didnt happen on the way home from the inspection! :D

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep, there are a bunch of stations that pass stuff for money under the table and pass stuff so they dont have to defend their reasoning to the customer. If you have ever been bent over by a patrols man for a inspection error you'll take being an inspector seriously.

But i do get your reasoning. How the hell do i know that didnt happen on the way home from the inspection! :D
Plus it is not diminishing the needed line of sight/view for safety. I've paid for a windshield replacement, not on legal damage, but on light scratching that caused night vision trouble with oncoming lights. I found headlight upgrades to help in this antique van.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes they have the only part I liked about them was the manual transmission. Other than that there slow in stock trim.

Yes but they handled very well and had very good visablilty. An inline 6 1JZ and rear wheel drive. Was just a fun luxury car to drive. Couldn't whip a 2000 Cadillac around like you could that car!

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
An ES 300 or GS 300?

I wouldn't mind and LX from the 90's either.

Oh how I'd love to get a diesel Toyota truck or SUV from over seas.
GS I think it is, the inline 6 not the v-6.
I had a Suzuki mini truck with a 4x8 bed, it had a 650cc engine and a 5 speed, right hand drive. Sure wish I could have kept it, the guy I sold/traded it to put tracks on it, it looked sweet, I'll see if I can find a picture.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
ef2b9c479e3adcced1a3e4ed8fad41ff.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk