davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast, 288 collector
GoldMember
Local time
10:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Someone cut the corner a bit sharp with that baler? That is not going to be cheap.
Too fast on the road, hit a soft spot in the shoulder. Boss said Mexican driver turned white. Just the gearbox is 60k is it’s messed up. We’re supposed to replace the tongue.

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
12:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Too fast on the road, hit a soft spot in the shoulder. Boss said Mexican driver turned white. Just the gearbox is 60k is it’s messed up. We’re supposed to replace the tongue.
Just for the fun of it I looked at the pricing on some of the New Holland stuff. After seeing $150-200K for one of those machines I had t0 sit back and think about what it would take to pay for one. Rich farmers tax write-off in this area or someone that is production hay only.

davidwyby

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just for the fun of it I looked at the pricing on some of the New Holland stuff. After seeing $150-200K for one of those machines I had t0 sit back and think about what it would take to pay for one. Rich farmers tax write-off in this area or someone that is production hay only.
Farming is big business here. I think they have several of those balers. In this case it’s cattle feed which is also big business. Something like 800 square miles of ag? …and they grow all year.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Farming is big business here. I think they have several of those balers. In this case it’s cattle feed which is also big business. Something like 800 square miles of ag? …and they grow all year.
You could probably build your own, but for how much? I was looking at bearcat chippers, which are just as stupid expensive as any other brand, but they have some smaller models. I'd rather order up all the steel cut to size and build my own for a lot less.

davidwyby

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You could probably build your own, but for how much? I was looking at bearcat chippers, which are just as stupid expensive as any other brand, but they have some smaller models. I'd rather order up all the steel cut to size and build my own for a lot less.
Balers or chippers? I have spare engines and chipper/chopper/grinder drums and chutes/tubs around I could cobble together….building one from scratch, lot more work and $.

davidwyby

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag