Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
10:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Right on! Made it work with what you had. I like that. Keeps things moving forward!!

I appreciate the reply. I have one on the bench now and was just doing some visuals on it. Comparing it to the MK2 and a 562. The exh roof is interesting on these 572's as with the exh roof on the MK2. In your picture of the exh roof i noticed you took care of "that" ( I dont know what it would be called, the recess area on the 572 )

More than anything else, I think "that" is just a way to get more room for the exhaust to exit. The steep angle of the outlet would be mighty close without them reliving it there.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Made it work with what you had.

I would have gotten a gasket usually. But......the guy these belong to in dire straights for a saw. His son smashed one all to hell, and his backup blew the spark plug out. He is using the backup for his backup saw right now.

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
11:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The guys I'm selling them to have only had one problem. They break the chain brake handles pretty often. I'm not saying that's a issue with the saw......some guys can break an anvil with a rubber mallet.

Seems the brake handle has broken on more then a few in shipping also, I guess the new box design likes to fall more frequently then the old square box, I think the new box needs to be a tad higher also. Jmo.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One thing I've noticed that I'm a wee bit concerned about.

The plating is tough to get just right when beveling after the port work is done. On a couple I've had to make wider bevels than I usually do because the plating wanted to peel a bit.

Just something to keep an eye on.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would have gotten a gasket usually. But......the guy these belong to in dire straights for a saw. His son smashed one all to hell, and his backup blew the spark plug out. He is using the backup for his backup saw right now.
I’d hope the son is paying for the saw or at least the port job on this 572. Lol

Last edited:

mortalitool

aka Nick Stoeckel
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One thing I've noticed that I'm a wee bit concerned about.

The plating is tough to get just right when beveling after the port work is done. On a couple I've had to make wider bevels than I usually do because the plating wanted to peel a bit.

Just something to keep an eye on.

I had plating peeling issues on an MK2 i ported for a guy. Ended up peeling really really bad. I could not use the cylinder it was so bad.
Not to happy to hear this is also a concern with the 572

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had plating peeling issues on an MK2 i ported for a guy. Ended up peeling really really bad. I could not use the cylinder it was so bad.
Not to happy to hear this is also a concern with the 572

Use a diamond burr to make your bevels, and take your time. So far I've yet to see one I couldn't get right.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
[QUOTE="Mastermind, post: 904661, member: 4]Old Farts Meet Smart Phones[/QUOTE]

Try saying that six times fast! Lol