Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
3:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There's a couple of places to pay attention to. The cylinder extensions need the same amount off of them that you take off the base + the gasket if you are ditching it. The radius on each side need to be clearanced as well.

20190715_105038.jpg

Then there is this spot the the transfer cover touches...

20190715_105116.jpg

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How are they holding up in the field after mods?

The guys I'm selling them to have only had one problem. They break the chain brake handles pretty often. I'm not saying that's a issue with the saw......some guys can break an anvil with a rubber mallet.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Awesome info!

Great pics. nice tidy work.

Are you machining .029 from the base and ditching the base gasket on these?

:cool:

Well......I normally use a base gasket. One of these two saws ended up with a torn up gasket......and I don't have one here to replace it with. So......I cut .029 from one, and .033 from the other and assembled them without a base gasket. I took .040 from the squish on both.

mortalitool

aka Nick Stoeckel
Local time
4:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well......I normally use a base gasket. One of these two saws ended up with a torn up gasket......and I don't have one here to replace it with. So......I cut .029 from one, and .033 from the other and assembled them without a base gasket. I took .040 from the squish on both.

Right on! Made it work with what you had. I like that. Keeps things moving forward!!

I appreciate the reply. I have one on the bench now and was just doing some visuals on it. Comparing it to the MK2 and a 562. The exh roof is interesting on these 572's as with the exh roof on the MK2. In your picture of the exh roof i noticed you took care of "that" ( I dont know what it would be called, the recess area on the 572 )

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just had a look on the tube some good some not so ......

Cheers D

I had a few videos on my phone.......I thought. Turns out I took some pictures rather than starting a video. We could do a series on that. Old Farts Meet Smart Phones