ported 461s

Redbull661

661 hoarder (BlueBallz)
Local time
6:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
brand new 461, that @tree monkey just ported, on it's 2nd tank. It is a limited coil running ~13.5-13.6k
vs
snellerized 461r on tank 11 or 12, unlimited coil, running at 15.2k

28" cannon 7pin same stihl RS full comp chain (not new)

The tree monkey saw had A LOT more torque. So I figured I'd try it with 8pin sprocket. Same chain again.

Last edited:

CR500

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Absolutely, I would never take that away from him. Just weird that that were the exact same time

Many ways to skin a cat it always seems like lol

Sent from my non internal combustion device.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The are both fast saws. But the TM with limited coil running 2000 RPM would be my choice.

I think one thing we have learned in the last 10 months is that there is no one right way to port a saw.

Again I can't say how much I love the way the members if this site respect each other's ideas and arguments.

Much less of a *b-wordfest than over yonder. Almost makes me wonder if it isn't time to invite Brad to join us at the party.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The are both fast saws. But the TM with limited coil running 2000 RPM would be my choice.

I think one thing we have learned in the last 10 months is that there is no one right way to port a saw.

Again I can't say how much I love the way the members if this site respect each other's ideas and arguments.

Much less of a *b-wordfest than over yonder. Almost makes me wonder if it isn't time to invite Brad to join us at the party.
Worms.....
Can....

Open.....

I don't really have a problem with Brad, but the group of clowns that kiss his a$$ can get annoying

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Worms.....
Can....

Open.....

I don't really have a problem with Brad, but the group of clowns that kiss his a$$ can get annoying
QTLA.
Brad seems cool to me. His fan boys no so much. I guess you probably can't have one without the other so I will withdraw my suggestion.

Redbull661

661 hoarder (BlueBallz)
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's crazy that they had the same times

It would have been nice to get the tree monkey saw up to tank 7 or 8 (I know the 461 I had really came alive at about tank 5-6). Also would have liked to swap coils as well as swap the dual port cover from the bs saw on it. But the tree monkey saw was already sold. So I wasn't at liberty to make changes.

I do think the tree monkey saw had more to show. How much more I don't know.

Still can't get over how much torque it had. :headbang:

Last edited:

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It would have been nice to get the tree monkey saw up to tank 7 or 8 (I know the 461 I had really came alive at about tank 5-6). Also would have liked to swap coils as well as swap the dual port cover from the bs saw on it. But the tree monkey saw was already sold. So I wasn't at liberty to make changes.

IMG_0489.JPG

461 FTW

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I have to agree with you 100% on this.... I know my ms461 was ALOT stronger after 10 tanks of gas thru it....I kept hearing people say you will definitely notice when she starts breaking in....well I believed them, but I did know it would be such a noticeable difference!!!!

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Do you think if you tuned Brad's saw a little richer (maybe 14.3-14.8 range) the torque would increase? It sounded like it was on the edge at 15.2k. Just curious.

I have a 460 by Brad and it is a bad boy IMO. My favorite saw to cut with, along with my TM 346.

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Brad's saws are known for rpm. He likes rpm in his saws. No surprise there. I personally like torque in my saws. Where is the video of the BS461 running the 8 pin for comparison? Interested to see where the times go.

Gunn

Yay sawz
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Brad already is/was a member here. He bailed early due to personal reasons.