Plumbing tools

stihl sawing

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It has a vibrator in it to keep the hands loosened up.

stihl sawing

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
LOL, it's adjustable length and has an LED light at the end.

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
12:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
for the water in yes ,black pvc for the drains ,red was hot ,blue was cold water ,nothing has leaked yet ,it is amazing how those copper rings can hold so good .

We used polypropylene hoses when they built a bunch of the barns at the farm. Most of that stuff is going on 30+ years. Over the past two years I've started having to repair elbows and T's because they corroded so bad.

The *b-word of it is that they don't make PPE hose or fittings anymore and PEX won't work unless you use a PPE to PEX mender.

They don't make the copper fittings like they used to 30-40 years ago. A lot of the PEX fittings I put in about 5 years ago already had to be replaced because they corroded.

Recently I started using plastic fittings, hoping they will last a little longer.

junkman

Crush it
Local time
9:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We used polypropylene hoses when they built a bunch of the barns at the farm. Most of that stuff is going on 30+ years. Over the past two years I've started having to repair elbows and T's because they corroded so bad.

The *b-word of it is that they don't make PPE hose or fittings anymore and PEX won't work unless you use a PPE to PEX mender.

They don't make the copper fittings like they used to 30-40 years ago. A lot of the PEX fittings I put in about 5 years ago already had to be replaced because they corroded.

Recently I started using plastic fittings, hoping they will last a little longer.

I am not 100 % sure but my fittings looks like brass ,the crimp rings were copper though .

stihl sawing

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
These things are the boss, they will not leak and won't rust. they are about 3 to 4 bucks a piece though.They come in all kinds of configurations

Flair-It-fittings.jpg
large_thumb.jpg

stihl sawing

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After 30 years of owning and taking care of Apt's you collect a lot of crap if you do everything by yourself. got two boxes of plumbing lines toilet innards and other crap.

SANY2357.JPG