Plumbing tools

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I see i am not the only one that buys double of all the fittings i may need every time hit the hardware store

Sad thing is it seems like I never have what I need......

Guido Salvage

Supreme saw hoeder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does anyone else besides me locate water and drain pipes with the backhoe bucket ? That is when i am glad i have boxes of fittings ,and extra misc pipes in the rafters .

I hope you do not use the same technique to locate gas lines...

stihl sawing

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does anyone else besides me locate water and drain pipes with the backhoe bucket ? That is when i am glad i have boxes of fittings ,and extra misc pipes in the rafters .
If you call the utility companies they will come and mark the lines before you dig.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hope you do not use the same technique to locate gas lines...
I hit a 2" medium pressure plastic gas line with a line truck auger dead center . The gas company flagged them but that one did not have a tracer wire .It had a meter the size of a kitchen range which I shut off with a 24" pipe wrench and the gas company guy was pizzed .Not as pizzed as I was .Those idiots could have gotten me killed .

Imagine that a running truck with a 371 Ford engine and natural gas spewing from a hole so fast it whistled .If I'd have shut that truck off and it back fired they would have been picking my body parts out of the next county with an ink blotter .

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you call the utility companies they will come and mark the lines before you dig.

Or try.... I work for the water co. And we hit miss marked lines often. The only reason we don't hit more is experience. You dig enough you get a feel for things and know what to look for. The guy that I work with that's dose our line locating miss marks everything and we get hit...... I've always said he should be called to fix the hits and maybe he won't sleep on the job anymore.

junkman

Crush it
Local time
9:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
one thing nice about a 2 foot bucket is you have a nice ditch to work in doing repairs :mad:

Guido Salvage

Supreme saw hoeder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The summer after I graduated from college they were renovating and expanding the courthouse in the next county over. Guy on a backhoe ruptured a gas line and the place exploded. Think he was killed and the courthouse severely damaged.

Guido Salvage

Supreme saw hoeder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
one thing nice about a 2 foot bucket is you have a nice ditch to work in doing repairs :mad:

That can be another can of worms, a trench collapsed here about a month ago and buried a guy 15 feet down.