Trader history (4)

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
1:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I found the Tsumura to not be as light as others, which is why I have stayed with Stihl recently. Tsumura is no cheaper for me either as I have to ship it in. No dealer here.
Yep, I also find the Tsumura and sugi bars heavy for a lightweight. And their tips suck for guys like me that bore cut almost every cut.

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know one thing a 36” ORW bar is almost 2 pounds lighter than a standard bar, that’s a big difference if ur using it all day . View attachment 361441
And it actually feels like the long lightweight bars are lighter than they are due to the leverage effect of 2 handed powersaw handling

Squareground3691

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought a 32" Stihl lightweight bar (first lw bar I ever got) and couldn't believe how light it was. Then I stupidly sold it with my hybrid and learned that the price for those went up $80-100 since I bought it! :eusa_doh:
Everything out of control nowadays.

Smokealongthetracks

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was told at Horner's saw shop in Cottage Grove, OR (who sold a LOT of them and still had some in stock until last year) that Oregon stopped making RW bars because they could no longer get the material for the inserts. Hopefully they can come up with an alternative or new design soon. I think the Stihl lights are the toughest and very light, but the Oregon RW are my personal favorite as they are even lighter and I've yet to have any trouble with durability.

Hundred Acre Wood

Full-time Slacker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
...Oregon stopped making RW bars because they could no longer get the material for the inserts...

My Stihl dealer said there was a notice from Stihl in Aug of 22 that the polymer used in their bars was unavailable. As of a few days ago he still can't even order the long light bars from Stihl.

Maybe Oregon is facing a similar issue?

Squareground3691

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My Stihl dealer said there was a notice from Stihl in Aug of 22 that the polymer used in their bars was unavailable. As of a few days ago he still can't even order the long light bars from Stihl.

Maybe Oregon is facing a similar issue?
That’s the problem with a lot of manufactured items , can’t get the raw materials needed to produce products , ever sense Covid the supply chain has been terribly disrupted.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
3:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I found the Tsumura to not be as light as others, which is why I have stayed with Stihl recently. Tsumura is no cheaper for me either as I have to ship it in. No dealer here.
What about Cannon Duralite? If money is not an option, and if they are available...

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They are great bars !! , but availability is very scarce and yea money no object heck yea.
I'm running a cannon duralite 28 inch on my 660. Have about a full season of sawing on it now, and I'd say it's just as durable as a standard oregon bar, which is saying a lot for a lightweight. It's the only light bar that can withstand the abuse of letting the powerhead weight dangle from the bar while in the backcut, and they straighten out with proper tools without the fear of popping out that insert.