Trader history (0)

Gullet

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am pretty sure Walleye is 24/7/365 here but the best time is during a cold hard winter when the river freezes and you can slide you boat out on the ice just below the dam in the small amount of open water.......never happened this winter.
So your pretty good @ baiting your hook?

Would you consider yourself a "Master Baiter"?

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Only keep Northerns the bass go back
Sadly here the Mississippi is so polluted it is not safe to eat fish from it. In college I spent a week rough camping, canoeing, and fishing the lakes around the boundary waters of northern Minnesota. I was amazed at the water clarity. Here when clamming was still done you dove in the water but could not see a thing. You made your way to the mud bottom and felt for clams.

Last edited:

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sadly here the Mississippi is so polluted it is not safe to each fish from it. In college I spent a week rough camping, canoeing, and fishing the lakes around the boundary waters of northern Minnesota. I was amazed at the water clarity. Here when clamming was still done you dove in the water but could not see a thing. You made your way to the mud bottom and felt for clams.
I live close to the boundary waters and used to go every spring, right up till they sent the permitting office out of state and the environmental groups started to buy all the permits to keep people out. Not that they used them it was just to keep people out for the 1-2 times a year they did go

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I live close to the boundary waters and used to go every spring, right up till they sent the permitting office out of state and the environmental groups started to buy all the permits to keep people out. Not that they used them it was just to keep people out for the 1-2 times a year they did go
We had to stay south of the border as I was told others had gotten tagged by the Canada cops. Hard to tell were the border is in the middle of a lake. We have that here on the Mississippi but the states have reciprocals that allow fishing in all waters to the border as long has you stay in the water. You touch bank you are done

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fish tacos are real good bill. Im a meat and tater kinda guy. But they good
So just how do you make a fish taco? This is a very prevalent Hispanic area and fish is not on the menu. Horse yes, fish no😃

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
11:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So just how do you make a fish taco? This is a very prevalent Hispanic area and fish is not on the menu. Horse yes, fish no😃
Just fry up some fish and break him up hit with lemon and serve on crunchy taco with lettuce tomatoes and some old bay

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fish tacos are good, many ways to make but a lot of the ones I’ve had used a cilantro-lime seasoning on the fish with pico, cheese and broccoli slaw.

hacskaroly

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fish tacos are real good bill. Im a meat and tater kinda guy. But they good
Fish tacos are good, many ways to make but a lot of the ones I’ve had used a cilantro-lime seasoning on the fish with pico, cheese and broccoli slaw.

Yeah, no thanks...never had a fish taco that tasted good...even with cilantro which makes it taste even worse. I will stick with above water animals in my tacos and would even try horse. The only horse I have had was probably a work horse, super tough and chewy.

Mack 880

Happy to Stihl be Here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
...even with cilantro which makes it taste even worse....
For sure. That stuff tastes like soap to me. Something to do with genetics and taste buds. Some say it tastes good, other's not so much.

My daughter likes it. The rest of us hate the taste.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use my own fish that I cook. Maybe just a sprinkle of dill but no cilantro I don’t like it either