Official "2017" You suck Thread

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
10:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I grabbed these two yesterday. 084 is complete, guy said it was a good running saw when he parked it, for a new ms880.

066 is missing the brake handle, and muffler screws, and the gas tank is cracked. Piston looks nice. Same thing he said 066 was a good runner, he just parked it for a ms660. Came with a box of small parts, another 1/2 wrap, two clutch covers, and few sets of falling spikes, couple of other odds & ends,,,

DSCN7579.JPG

DSCN7582.JPG

I've known about these two saws for close to a year, stopped and talked to the guy a few times, about selling them, he would just say, oh I better not....

I stopped in yesterday to see if he changed his mind.

He said you can just have them, I'll never use them again.

I asked have them like in free? He said yes, I know you've been wanting them just take them they are yours.

I told him I'm not looking for a hand out, wouldn't feel right, here's a $100, how that?

He said if that what helps you sleep at night that's fine. I was just going to give them to you next time you stopped anyways.

He did hand me a box as I was loading my truck. I peaked in it, there's dirty Lil top handle in it, in pieces. He said this is your gift then. Super nice guy!

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
12:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I grabbed these two yesterday. 084 is complete, guy said it was a good running saw when he parked it, for a new ms880.

066 is missing the brake handle, and muffler screws, and the gas tank is cracked. Piston looks nice. Same thing he said 066 was a good runner, he just parked it for a ms660. Came with a box of small parts, another 1/2 wrap, two clutch covers, and few sets of falling spikes, couple of other odds & ends,,,

View attachment 55677

View attachment 55678

I've known about these two saws for close to a year, stopped and talked to the guy a few times, about selling them, he would just say, oh I better not....

I asked have them like in free? He said yes, I know you've been wanting them just take them they are yours.

I told him I'm not looking for a hand out, wouldn't feel right, here's a $100, how that?

He said if that what helps you sleep at night that's fine. I was just going to give them to you next time you stopped anyways.

He did hand me a box as I was loading my truck. I peaked in it, there's dirty Lil top handle in it, in pieces. He said this is your gift then. Super nice guy!

It's refreshing to hear stories like this. And one more thing...you suck

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
9:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score

View attachment 55677

View attachment 55678

Wish people like that lived around here....by the way....you suck. ;)

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's refreshing to hear stories like this. And one more thing...you suck

He is a really cool guy to talk to. He's 73 years old, him and his grandson split and sell about 350 cords a year, He has close to 400 ++ cords on his lot at any time.

He has a splitter for the front of his skid steer.

And another splitter he build back in 1973, it has a ford 300 6 cylinder for a power plant. His homemade splitter is automatic cycle. He has it setup where it comes down & back on it's own. It gets to the end it will kick out and return all on it's own, then kick out and come back down.

It has a fixed four way wedge on the end of the beam. He said it will keep two guys humping feeding it wood. No levers to push or pull, he said they are a waste of time. Just set the wood on the beam once it has pressure on it, walk away and grab your next piece. It will be split before you get back.

Next time I'm up there I need to get some pictures of his operation. I asked him a few months ago, if he had any 044 or 046 saws laying around, he said no, never had a use for them small saws, maybe when I hit 75 or 80 I'll look into buying one of them Lil saws, (as he grinned) all I have are a few 200t's for bucket work, 066 & 084 or 880 for everything else. Shaking his hand is like shaking hands with a gorilla (not that I shook hands with a gorilla) but for 73 he has one a heck of a grip.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stopped by an old friends house he's been a feller and logger since the 60s retired now he gave me a points xl12 and a electronic xl12 and a nice looking 330 with half a day on it lol and a Kelly's perfect axe head he has 30 or more and an old three rivet oregon homelite bar he is going to try to find me some nos oregon bars he has.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He had over twenty homelites to give me but i had moved so he gave them away but these he bought new they were his backup saws just rolling in the back of the truck lol they look great inside.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stopped by an old friends house he's been a feller and logger since the 60s retired now he gave me a points xl12 and a electronic xl12 and a nice looking 330 with half a day on it lol and a Kelly's perfect axe head he has 30 or more and an old three rivet oregon homelite bar he is going to try to find me some nos oregon bars he has.

My Grampa had a mint Homelite XL12 that was passed to my uncle when he passed...would've liked to keep that one on a shelf as I now own my Grampas pole barn...memories

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bummer! I liked the one I had, and wish I still had it.

I'm a man who isn't biased, I like me some saws no matter the color or style. But this dog just don't seem to hunt, broke it in on vp 40:1 then ran the usual non ethanol fuel with red armor @ 40:1.

My 044 that got squished this past week smokes the 576 in the wood, was honestly surprised.

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm a man who isn't biased, I like me some saws no matter the color or style. But this dog just don't seem to hunt, broke it in on vp 40:1 then ran the usual non ethanol fuel with red armor @ 40:1.

My 044 that got squished this past week smokes the 576 in the wood, was honestly surprised.
That's strange. Maybe it's just a little bit of a wonky unit. It seems like my 372 had more top end zip, but the 576 I had, possessed more buried torque.

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
@Jon1212 I swear the 576 I got is the opposite, spins right up but it sure doesn't like it when I lean on it with the Dawgs buckin logs
I believe you. I had a similar problem with a non A/T saw at 8500' elevation, but that was easily remedied by leaning it out on the carb. Sounds like your 576 may be running rich