Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
5:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good evening guys,
not in good mood, worried about da house, found alot rottening in lots of the front fasade, one leaking/rotten window but it worry me that I found rotten planks in the middle of the fasade also, looks to be deep also ;( (hopefully it was the price of using high preasure washer years ago) will probleby knock out a few planks....dunno, with luck we're probleby speaking about 5000$ if I can do it all myself, if I need pro's (rotten construction bearings) it's probleby 15-20000$ ++

True legend:

That sucks.

Hopefully there is no mold growth anywhere.

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
thanks guys, need some cheering up in the next days.
I'm super stressed about it, the stuff underneath the window is a simple work to get fixed, ain't much happening under them in damage except all the window support, planks, isolation, easy stuff + a new window.
It's the house wall in the middle who scares me, knowing there is a fat construction system there to carry the house and part of the roof in that area.
I can do alot myself, but a main contruction part like that is way outside my knowledge and skills.

A little questions for your guys, over in US, your guys mostly use windows with tree frames, or is it PVC frames who get mostly used?
I believe most are vinyl frames.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A little questions for your guys, over in US, your guys mostly use windows with tree frames, or is it PVC frames who get mostly used?
Most of what we use are vinyl inside and out, or wood inside with vinyl or aluminum clad outside, basically a wood window with an aluminum or vinyl wrap around the outside to make it weatherproof

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Most of what we use are vinyl inside and out, or wood inside with vinyl or aluminum clad outside, basically a wood window with an aluminum or vinyl wrap around the outside to make it weatherproof
And when remodeling, if the owner doesn't want to replace the windows, we'll bend aluminum on a brake to completely cover the wood and then caulk the seams

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
12:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Glad you're looking on the bright side of things.
A man can't give up yet, who knows, I may be homeless in a few months... :eek:

Thanks Kevin, wood frame is typhical windows in Norway, aluminium outside to lead the water away before it hit the under window water board.

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
3:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Thanks Kevin, wood frame is typhical windows in Norway, aluminium outside to lead the water away before it hit the under window water board.
Hopefully it's not too bad Tor. How's the pup doing?

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And when remodeling, if the owner doesn't want to replace the windows, we'll bend aluminum on a brake to completely cover the wood and then caulk the seams
I can maybe do a hillbilly repair of the window, the one I have cost around 2000$ per window

Hopefully it's not too bad Tor. How's the pup doing?
The pup is doing good Mike, she have gained weight and body lenght, she is spot on her building process & weight at the moment. She got her first periode, they'll weirdos in their persiode lol

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

A lot of wood clad with aluminum on high end vacation houses here, vinyl for people live here full time. Lol

It most likely looks worse than it is. Just have to dive in, tear out and replace. Making sure nothing sags until it can all be replaced.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can maybe do a hillbilly repair of the window, the one I have cost around 2000$ per window

The pup is doing good Mike, she have gained weight and body lenght, she is spot on her building process & weight at the moment. She got her first periode, they'll weirdos in their persiode lol

A man made the window, another can surely fix it. :)

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good evening guys
I'm hoping you make out well on the house @Tor R and it's not to bad in that can you open.
Thanks for the Robert plant tunes good jam.
you're welcome.
I saw a TV program with Led Zeppelin and special Robert Plant, even I remembered Led Zeppelin quite good, the whole program was beautiful to see, all the different directions Robert have moved with his music. Before I didn't ranked him superhigh, after this, he is someplaces around top 5 in my book.

A lot of wood clad with aluminum on high end vacation houses here, vinyl for people live here full time. Lol

It most likely looks worse than it is. Just have to did in, tear out and replace. Making sure nothing sags until it can all be replaced.
I'm searching for the correct planks my house use, when I first figure out who store them I'll be inside the wall asap.

A man made the window, another can surely fix it. :)
At least stop the window pouring water inside lol

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
you're welcome.
I saw a TV program with Led Zeppelin and special Robert Plant, even I remembered Led Zeppelin quite good, the whole program was beautiful to see, all the different directions Robert have moved with his music. Before I didn't ranked him superhigh, after this, he is someplaces around top 5 in my book.

I'm searching for the correct planks my house use, when I first figure out who store them I'll be inside the wall asap.

Silicone is your friend.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
you're welcome.

Some of my best cylinders are ground listening to Led Zeppelin. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.