AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
6:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey I never claimed to be a car expert! I am however an expert at spotting slackers...[emoji33] Oh no I didnt post that....the hell I didnt![emoji23][emoji1787][emoji28]
7fd507e0cebffdf6c4522667a2f3067f.jpg

Husky fever, this one secretly has. :):rolleyes::D

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
10:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Evening all.

Went to the VA today, on my way home had to stop and get gas. While at the pump a newer Ford Fusion pulled up across from me and an elderly lady got out to pump gas. She was having difficulty getting the card reader to work and was obviously distressed. I asked if she needed some help and when I looked at her she was crying. She quickly explained she and her neighbors were on their way to pray for the Notre Dame Cathedral. I got the pump to take her card, got the nozzle pumping gas, while the gas was pumping helped her back into the car. Once it was done I got it buttoned up, got her receipt and gave it to her. I asked if she was ok to drive and she responded that she was. All 4 of them were literally in the Sunday best and were tear stained. I bode them farewell and gave them my sincerest condolences.

I’m not a religious person (due to my diverse religious background) but it made me moist in the tear ducts to see the obvious and heartfelt pain they were in. I can’t stand to see the destruction of religious artifacts or churches; I may not concur with religion, but I sure as hell am not going to poo-poo or disrespect anyone else’s religious beliefs.

My heartfelt condolences to all those affected by the loss of the the Notre Dame Cathedral. It is a loss not just to those of a religious nature, but to all humanity with the lost architecture, art, sculpture and artifacts. Words cannot express the loss to all humanity in this tragic event.

I AM a Christian and i don't get it. It is just a building (full of stuff), no lives were lost (that I know of), it can be rebuilt (or not). Is it tragic---yes. But not worth losing our minds over. Maybe that lady should visit St. Jude's Children's Cancer hospital and find something or someone worthy of her prayers.

Last edited:

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
6:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mornin' Tuesday Ticklers! Decent day today. Three more days of rain in the forecast though. High of 62f.

Took the daughter to her first scuba lesson last night. She'll be certified by Saturday. I'm sitting in on the classes, as I haven't dove since 2008.

Y'all have a good one.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
10:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mornin' Tuesday Ticklers! Decent day today. Three more days of rain in the forecast though. High of 62f.

Took the daughter to her first scuba lesson last night. She'll be certified by Saturday. I'm sitting in on the classes, as I haven't dove since 2008.

Y'all have a good one.

Should have scallops for dinner by Sunday then. Lol

Stihl working Hard

Is it Friday yet
Local time
11:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.