Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
10:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My friend got a black lab from a girl and when he was at work that dog ate through the drywall insulation wall board and vinyl siding to escape in a rental house lol
It had never been inside before haha

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lemmee ask you fellas something...I think it'll get a good bit of exposure here from various folks, then we can move this over to the tool thread.

Anybody got experience with the Drill Doctor 750X drill bit sharpener? I bought this from a buddy at work back before T'giving for $50, be needed some funds and I wasn't gonna argue with him, after I looked it up. It's brand new, never even plugged in. They go for about $130-135 online and at retail stores. I threw it in the corner of the shop, too damn busy with upcoming X-mas, and forgot about it to be honest. Anyhoo...are these sharpeners worth the time and effort? I've read some damn good reviews on them, but ya gotta take time and some trial and error to figure them out and re-sharpen bits like you want them.

Gimmee your thoughts fellas if you've used one.
IMG_2154.JPG
IMG_2155.JPG
IMG_2156.JPG

Last edited:

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lemmee ask you fellas something...I think it'll get a good bit of exposure here from various folks, then we can move this over to the tool thread.

Anybody got experience with the Drill Doctor 750X drill bit sharpener? I bought this from a buddy at work back before T'giving for $50, be needed some funds and I wasn't gonna argue with him, after I looked it up. It's brand new, never even plugged in. They go for about $130-135 online and at retail stores. I threw it in the corner of the shop, too damn busy with upcoming X-mas, and forgot about it to be honest. Anyhoo...are these sharpeners worth the time and effort? I've read some damn good reviews on them, but ya gotta take time and some trial and error to figure them out and re-sharpen bits like you want them.

View attachment 50914
View attachment 50915
Take your time and itll make sharp drills. Try to rush it and you will cuss it. Indexing drills properly in the chuck is the key.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 50914
View attachment 50915
Never used one but a friend of mine has one and he likes it. Check out some YouTube videos. It helped a lot with my Work Sharp that's made by the same company. Made in the USA so it can't be all bad.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Take your time and itll make sharp drills. Try to rush it and you will cuss it. Indexing drills properly in the chuck is the key.
Agree...that was the biggest headache as far as reviews go...folks getting bits out of alignment, not indexing them correctly, and having to re-do the angles all over again, and again.

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 50914
View attachment 50915
View attachment 50918

I've been eyeing that one on the store shelf for quite some time. I am curious how it works out for you.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got my share of drill indexes and fair share of dull bits around here to play with, no doubt. Looking at rain setting in here a little after midnight tonight, gonna last til Mon. We've got some severe weather/thunderstorm warnings already for Sat afternoon until Sun afternoon...might be a good time to set up camp in the shop, get a grill with some vittles close to one of the shop roll up doors, and play with this thing. I'm sure the first round or five will be trial and error and figuring it out.

expert of nothing

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
In other news...Retired 4-star Marine General 'Mad Dog' Mattis confirmed as the next SecDef. If I could dial back the hands of time, I'd serve under him in a New York minute. He is the epitome of a Mans' Man...an absolute true WARRIOR, Commander and Logistician. I bet the ISIS boys *a-holes' are so tight, you couldn't push a straight pin up 'em. Let the hammer time begin!!
Can I second that sir?

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Sty57 Brian, Im sorry Man I forgot to take the pics of my 288 muffler this week.

I was standing in the kitchen tonight feeling like I had forgot something. And then I remembered. Regardless, I bent back the plate inside and turned the deflector forward. The size of the opening is big enough but the deflector leaves some on the table. Ill prolly add a second one on the other side.IMG_1852.JPGIMG_1853.JPG

expert of nothing

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
@Sty57 Brian, Im sorry Man I forgot to take the pics of my 288 muffler this week.

I was standing in the kitchen tonight feeling like I had forgot something. And then I remembered. Regardless, I bent back the plate inside and turned the deflector forward. The size of the opening is big enough but the deflector leaves some on the table. Ill prolly add a second one on the other side.View attachment 50932View attachment 50933
Good looking MM. Do you use a file or grinder on that square ground chain?

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 50914
View attachment 50915
View attachment 50918
I have one Jason. They work very well once you figure out how to set it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.