Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
9:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning bouys.

I had a bit of luck Down the car boot sale on Sunday morning.

I picked a friskers up86 pole pruner for £5 they cost around £80 to over£100 new depending on where you look

I gave it a quick service and it’s good to go.

Attachments

• IMG_4297.jpeg
    IMG_4297.jpeg
    232.7 KB · Views: 9

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
8:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So this house...
Concrete roof tiles, on 2x2 battens, on foil, on 10mm (3/8) t&g pine sarking, on 10x2 rafters.
So basically no insulation.
The winters aren't cold and a 7kw inverter ac kept up, but in summer the tiles would send an ovenlike heat in to the upstairs living area. I shot the t&g with an IR gun a few times and got 50c (122f).
Thought about lifting the tiles and putting super compressed foam in. Too dear for the R value.
Settled on filling the rafter bays with 165mm (6.5inch) polyester batts, and putting a negative detail pre-finished ply on as the ceiling.
Did a lot of prep myself, kinda wished I'd done it all but a man has to know his limitations. Unfortunately my General Contractor didn't send @John Wargo or @Agent Smith over. Some of the detail isnt quite what i had hoped for, but this house is none of plumb, square or true.
I did consider drywall, but as demonstrated by Maulheads disappearance, those guys aren't too reliable (actually didn't want sanding dust through a house we still were living in right through the work).
Anyhow, it's much warmer and cooler now. Not to mention brighter. I raffed when Andy showed his log cabin getaway pic, we are so sick of honey coloured timber after being here for 23 years.
20240406_143912.jpg20240418_170910.jpg20240418_170920.jpg20240421_084842.jpg
20240422_202945.jpg

John Wargo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So this house...
Concrete roof tiles, on 2x2 battens, on foil, on 10mm (3/8) t&g pine sarking, on 10x2 rafters.
The winters aren't cold and a 7kw inverter ac kept up, but in summer the tiles would send an ovenlike heat in to the upstairs living area. I shot the t&g with an IR gun a few times and got 50c (122f).
Thought about lifting the tiles and putting super compressed foam in. Too dear for the R value.
Settled on filling the rafter bays with 165mm (6.5inch) polyester batts, and putting a negative detail pre-finished ply on as the ceiling.
Did a lot of prep myself, kinda wished I'd done it all but a man has to know his limitations. Unfortunately my General Contractor didn't send @John Wargo or @Agent Smith over. Some of the detail isnt quite what i had hoped for, but this house is none of plumb, square or true.
I did consider drywall, but as demonstrated by Maulheads disappearance, those guys aren't too reliable (actually didn't want sanding dust through a house we still were living in right through the work).
Anyhow, it's much warmer and cooler now. Not to mention brighter. I raffed when Andy showed his log cabin getaway pic, we are so sick of honey coloured timber after being here for 23 years.
View attachment 417023View attachment 417024View attachment 417025View attachment 417026
View attachment 417027
Looks good Adam. Is there not any vapor barrier on the insulation?

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
3:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning men, another fine day in east TN. Going to take a drive up to Lexington and back today as our KY tech is in school. I have some podcasts for the ride. Stay safe all.

You keep abbreviating Kentucky and you'll have some of these goobers spending the day lubricating themselves. Don't give them ideas.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You keep abbreviating Kentucky and you'll have some of these goobers spending the day lubricating themselves. Don't give them ideas.
Well he did retire from marines
I'm fairly certain that podcasts kill brain cells...
He said he had 2 left and they talk to each other

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So this house...
View attachment 417023View attachment 417024View attachment 417025View attachment 417026
View attachment 417027
Great work Adam. Insulation investment is always worth it. As far as the stained wood look goes - I think it’s timeless, but I see you disagree lol

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great work Adam. Insulation investment is always worth it. As far as the stained wood look goes - I think it’s timeless, but I see you disagree lol
We lived in a house with knotty pine walls and ceilings, after awhile it gets old.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We lived in a house with knotty pine walls and ceilings, after awhile it gets old.
I think having drywalled and painted walls, with the wood ceilings would be a good combination. With all the walls and ceilings both done that way, I could see that getting old.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think having drywalled and painted walls, with the wood ceilings would be a good combination. With all the walls and ceilings both done that way, I could see that getting old.
On Millie's house, we plan to use drywall for the ceiling, and t&g pine on the walls.