Local time
9:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know you don't want to get on prescription meds
But It must've been 18 year's ago now
When i first got gout it started off by my feet aching
And then it got much worse i had no idea what it was or why i couldn't walk and the most pain I'd ever been in
It started with the tops of my feet aching then hour's later it migrated down into my feet
It felt like a bunch of shards of glass moving through my feet
I'd tape up my feet tight with electrical tape to keep working but eventually that didn't work anymore.
When a gout attack migrated to my knees while my feet were still enflamed
I couldn't even breathe without incredible pain.
So now i pay 4.00 a month for colcrys and 4.00 a month for allupurinol sometimes i go half a year without taking any of it
But when the aching starts i take them and it stops.
I’m going to take it one day at a time. If I end up needing the other stuff eventually then I’ll do what I have to. There’s plenty of people in a hell of a lot worse shape than me so I try not complain too much. Lol

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
9:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some of the stuff working at the parts store cracks me up. Guy came in today, I ask him if i can help him find anything, he quips back, "No". A bit later he walks up to the counter with two 24" wipers. I know hardly any vehicles take the same size for left and right, so I ask him if I can look it up to make sure they'll fit. He reluctantly agrees. 2023 Infiniti QX80. I was correct, it takes a 24" and a 19".

Told him I don't have the 19" of that particular brand in stock, is there another brand he might like?
"Nope, I want the ones in the flyer that are $8 off per pair."
I say, okay, I can have it here for you in about an hour, or the store 5 minutes down the road has it right now.
"I'm here now, I'm not coming back. I'll just get an 18 inch."

So you're driving a brand new $70k+ SUV and are so worried about saving $8 that you're insisting on the *s-wordty, deal-of-the-month wipers to the point that you'll put the wrong size wipers on it?

Like, what is the thought process here?

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
8:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some of the stuff working at the parts store cracks me up. Guy came in today, I ask him if i can help him find anything, he quips back, "No". A bit later he walks up to the counter with two 24" wipers. I know hardly any vehicles take the same size for left and right, so I ask him if I can look it up to make sure they'll fit. He reluctantly agrees. 2023 Infiniti QX80. I was correct, it takes a 24" and a 19".

Told him I don't have the 19" of that particular brand in stock, is there another brand he might like?
I say, okay, I can have it here for you in about an hour, or the store 5 minutes down the road has it right now.

So you're driving a brand new $70k+ SUV and are so worried about saving $8 that you're insisting on the *s-wordty, deal-of-the-month wipers to the point that you'll put the wrong size wipers on it?

I’m not joking here, but on some pickup trucks, intentionally installing wipers that are 1” shorter than what is listed, actually increases the life of the wiper blade itself. A former auto parts store owner from my hometown told me that years ago, and I tried it - he was right. With original length, the wiper blade itself would flexing a lot on the far end leaving the flatter surface of the glass as it laid down. With the shorter blade, it stayed on the glass better, and I didn’t experience the usual failure.

…But I get what you’re saying about that knucklepuck you mentioned. “If you can afford the Ferarri, you can afford the oil change.”

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I needed wipers for the 4Runner a couple months back because one simply disintegrated and so I went to NAPA because it was closest

Unbelievable the size of the wiper display; both sides of a looooong isle, yet no books or push button gizmo to help you sort it out, you either know exactly what you want or the drones behind the counter have to look it up and I had forgotten the lengths

I bought cheap wipers because my windshield has so many cracks in it that even the best wipers just get chewed up in 5-6 months and it's just not worth buying top of the line stuff

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some chit stain kid, contacted me about a item I have for sale, claimed he does YouTube full time as a content creator, and offered me 2/3's less then my asking price, he sent several long winded babbling messages, how he thinks he's entitled to a lower price, since he does YouTube full time and wants to buy my item and do a video series on it and help promote his channel.

I asked him what his channel was, so he sent me a link, I see he's been on the tubes for almost 4 years, and only has 143 (not 143k) only 143 subscribers. I told him my channel has more subs and I deleted all my videos 4-5 years ago, and I hate to burst your bubble but I don't think your channel is going to take off, if it hasn't by now. I want fair market price for my item, your situation, does not dictate my price. I told him you can't buy ribeyes, with a top ramen budget.

That upset the candy cane, and sent him on a tirade of messages, I ain't spending the time to respond to any of them. I hate selling stuff online, because of all the boneheads ya gotta wade through, just to make a sail.

wtf-disbelief.gif