Not So Pro 3

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
11:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tide heights and spring tides etc all play a part in shipping navigation.

My guess someone fugged up and said they lost power to limit the lawsuit that would follow ..

Bridges can be/are very strong, but take a piece out and the domino affect happens.

It’s very sad that lives have been lost due to a miscalculation 🤦‍♂️

I,m editing this 1.5hrs after posting. It would seem the ship did lose power, and there are pilots on board that know the local waters etc. but what a catastrophe with a huge ship and a small window of opportunity that would normally go fine 99% of the time.

Last edited:

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don’t want people to take me wrong, I’m not claiming it was intentional. But also not claiming it was 100% an accident. I just think we should be alert and asking questions about something like this, that seemed preventable, especially with the technology of today.
It is interesting how often a calamity or mass shooting or other incident occurs when it’s needed most to throw people off the scent of what’s really going on in our country

Tin foil hat time?

More like reality check time

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
5:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In the harbor a team from the port of Baltimore takes control of these ships. They take them in, and out. Then the crew takes over once in open water. That all started after 9-11. This ship was having trouble, and the authorities were informed. Sadly, it was moving at a fair speed when it lost power......then it was over-corrected, regained power, and veered hard to the starboard side and into the bridge support. A construction crew was on the bridge fixing potholes.....so far, none of those folks have been found. Two people have been pulled out of the water....one was uninjured, the other in serious condition.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
5:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In the harbor a team from the port of Baltimore takes control of these ships. They take them in, and out. Then the crew takes over once in open water. That all started after 9-11. This ship was having trouble, and the authorities were informed. Sadly, it was moving at a fair speed when it lost power......then it was over-corrected, regained power, and veered hard to the starboard side and into the bridge support. A construction crew was on the bridge fixing potholes.....so far, none of those folks have been found. Two people have been pulled out of the water....one was uninjured, the other in serious condition.
I hope they find them.

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is interesting how often a calamity or mass shooting or other incident occurs when it’s needed most to throw people off the scent of what’s really going on in our country

Tin foil hat time?

More like reality check time
I guess this was a poor choice of time to bring up this subject

I wasn’t suggesting it was the situation at hand but it sure came across that way

My apologies