Not So Pro 3

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been snowed in, lost power for a while, storm was worse than they said it was going to be, got twice as much snow as they said, and they kept bumping the blizzard warning out, it was supposed to over by Monday night, but it didn't stop snowing until mid-day Wednesday.

They said we would get 6-8" but we got close to 22" of the white stuff, 55-60 MPH winds with the storm which was joyful. It was wonderful for a few days, being unplugged and off the grid. Going to be in the 40's the next few days, so it will be a slushy mess.
you was probably the only one with white christmas

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
you was probably the only one with white christmas

It was white alright, couldn't even see out the windows in my house, wind was blowing so hard all the windows were plastered with snow. I had to climb out my front living room window, to shovel the 3-4 foot drift out of the way so I could get my storm/screen door open.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
8:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It was white alright, couldn't even see out the windows in my house, wind was blowing so hard all the windows were plastered with snow. I had to climb out my front living room window, to shovel the 3-4 foot drift out of the way so I could get my storm/screen door open.
That’s awesome.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
8:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd move the hell out of that place soooooo damn fast.

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
pictures lol
Who's the resident plumber in here?

Why are there two different kinds of Pex clamps?

Crimp vs pinch clamps is one better then the other?
the crimps dont really matter there is one pex that uses a plastic stretch ring but i doubt you have it

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
pictures lol

the crimps dont really matter there is one pex that uses a plastic stretch ring but i doubt you have it

I didn't take any pic's this time around.

My house is a mix, because we had two different plumbers here when the place was gutted for the remodel. 1st plumber that started, used the kind of connections with the stretch expansion rings, on the water lines, him & my ex got into a verbal altercation, she told him he was being a pussy, I was outside so I missed the whole thing, plumber came and found me and told me he won't work under such conditions where he's verbally assaulted. He packed his tools and never came back.

2nd plumber I hired did not use the stretch kind, he said he does not like them. He finished the job with crimp kind of fittings.

I need to fix two lines, and since the 2nd plumber has since passed away, I'm just going to do it myself.

So was wondering if I should buy the crimp or pinch clamps?

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I didn't take any pic's this time around.

My house is a mix, because we had two different plumbers here when the place was gutted for the remodel. 1st plumber that started, used the kind of connections with the stretch expansion rings, on the water lines, him & my ex got into a verbal altercation, she told him he was being a pussy, I was outside so I missed the whole thing, plumber came and found me and told me he won't work under such conditions where he's verbally assaulted. He packed his tools and never came back.

2nd plumber I hired did not use the stretch kind, he said he does not like them. He finished the job with crimp kind of fittings.

I need to fix two lines, and since the 2nd plumber has since passed away, I'm just going to do it myself.

So was wondering if I should buy the crimp or pinch clamps?
either works
price of the tool and crimps would be the deciding factor
i have the apollo crimp one but the other would be fine too and they seem like they would be easier to keep in place