Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
7:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 401219
Do they move them around while the boom is fully extended? Then have to call in a different crane company to lift them off the building?
Man, That guy is shaking hands with danger. Boom is too low of an angle.
And that crane will not handle that 65ton load that far away. Holy Chit!!!

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Man, this guy... Crane operator just shattered the front glass on his cab... Now a blown hydraulic line and 20+ gallons of fluid running across the yard... Gotta call environmental because there's no containment on this " temporary" storage yard. Oh yeah numbnuts just informed me that he doesn't have enough counterweight for this 123,000lb transformer we are unloading. Slappy Wednesday folks.
That dude and his rig would have been on the way out the gate when he broke a window on my jobsite.
Just sayin.
Doesnt sound like his company did a thorough job scope.
Thats WAY too dangerous for what we do.

lohan808

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That dude and his rig would have been on the way out the gate when he broke a window on my jobsite.
Just sayin.
Doesnt sound like his company did a thorough job scope.
Thats WAY too dangerous for what we do.
Yeah brother, I couldn't agree more. Lifts of that magnitude require us to do critical lift plans, site evaluations, job safety briefs, designated signalmen, verify lifting devices, etc. It is just good business. These guys are minor league for sure, and have a reputable name.

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
6:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Man, That guy is shaking hands with danger. Boom is too low of an angle.
And that crane will not handle that 65ton load that far away. Holy Chit!!!
20140505_151305.jpg
20140505_150912.jpg
Several years ago. Had to dig through some pictures to find them. I think the main thing was to stabilize the fallen one to keep any more damage to the building. I can't remember the exact details, but I know the first one was being used on the mixing tower in the background. Freshly unemployed idiot jumped in it and tried to move it fully extended. Luckily the air conditioner repair guy had got down just 10 minutes earlier.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Test day here guys. Had our Local Union Christmas party last night. Was a great night of cigars, free beers and good food. Where is @sawmikaze at? His brown sugar GF was there looking for him. Said something about a bush needing trimmed...??

Tell her I'll knock the chocolate off of that next time you see her.

Oh..she has no bush..she shaves...

Last edited:

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning men. The on call bit me last night, got home at midnight. Two hours after my bedtime. A certain large customer in crossville again! Hoping for a quiet Thursday. Stay safe bastiges!