Not So Pro 3

lohan808

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I still use the Klein stuff. Must admit I am an electrical worker and always have used them. Like everything else, the quality has started to slip. Not to mention very little of their product line is made in the USA any more.

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I still use the Klein stuff. Must admit I am an electrical worker and always have used them. Like everything else, the quality has started to slip. Not to mention very little of their product line is made in the USA any more.
When I ordered my Klein tools a couple years ago for the Hawaii house I was astonished to see that only certain items were made in the USA

I was careful to only order those items but even then they aren't what they were as @lohan808 stated

I honestly didn't even consider any other brands just because I grew up with Klein and assumed they were still the best

If I was young and in the trades I would make different choices today

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning all. Woke to my doors being frozen shut on the truck. Fun times. 30f and highs in the 40s. Woodrow my condolences.
Any one contemplate how healthcare for us older guys is gonna work since the new breed can't find it in themselves to stay employed or do a decent job when they are? Just thinking about it makes me shudder.
Pretty sure we are all on our own. The sooner we come to grips with that the better. Have a buddy entering the medicare labyrinth, and he is frustrated. It is not what he expected.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Actually, I did, but no idea where it got to over the years

Those 2 together seemed to be the combo back in the day

Those and a clamp on

This was dad's old meter, I opened it up this summer to see what kind of battery it took and found this one

I can't believe it didn't leak and corrode

View attachment 400284
Dry cell probably.

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pretty sure we are all on our own. The sooner we come to grips with that the better. Have a buddy entering the medicare labyrinth, and he is frustrated. It is not what he expected.

Most of the time all our care is on the AirForce base and it’s no cost no worries

But if we have to go out into the private sector for specialty care it’s a different story

We have Medicare plus Aetna from my state benefits plus Tricare for Life from her service benefits

And it can get so frigging complicated when they all start pointing at each other to pay despite Medicare supposedly being primary

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
4:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

At one point my parents explored getting a divorce because the V.A. basically told him that their household income was above a threshold and could really do next to nothing for him. That's a big thanks after dumping him in the Vietnam jungle.
To this day they still give him no benefits.

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Im just mad because HD quit carrying the extended reach multibit screwdriver. That thing was pretty solid, except for the large slotted tip was over-hardenned and snapped off pretty easy. I even ordered spares.
Went on a breakdown call to a galvanizing plant, and that did it in. Corroded it so badly that the shank wouldnt come out of the handle anymore.
Dont carry decent tools into those places kids.

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We are working on stair math in USA units. LOL
Did you explain to them the vast superiority of standard units?
These are the best screwdrivers I've used.
View attachment 400281View attachment 400282View attachment 400283

The older ones I have that have yet to be warrantied all have the Witte name on them along with Matco.
I'm not picky with screwdrivers, but the Klein ones are hawt garbage. Even the classic acetate handled Craftsmans have served me well though there's better stuff out there. The Husky ones from Home Depot have a hex on them for moar tor-Q and strike caps on the top for hammering.