Not So Pro 3

JugHead27

I'd rather be called gay
Local time
2:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can't imagine life without fish, I eat fish 3-4 to times a week sometimes more.

I just had big fillet of fish with my eggs & toast for breakfast yesterday.
Tuna for me lol.
That’s budget but I love tuna anyway.
Haddock, halibut or lobster. The fish here is basically right from the wharf

Gullet

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Saw a basket rack buck yesterday, let it walk.
Lastnight I wished I had taken him.
This morning in a totally different area, I see another basket rack meat buck.
I thought, I'm taking this one.
Completely stopped broadside, 50 yards I squeezed the trigger...

When the smoke cleared, hes still standing there.
I'm thinking he is dead on his feet, gonna fall anytime.
Then he just walks off like nothing ever happened. Lol
I look for blood for 45 minutes, nothing!
Then I see a freshly broken Cedar limb about 10 yards closer & pick it up & put it together, CASE SOLVED! Lol

20231024_084650.jpg

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can't imagine life without fish, I eat fish 3-4 to times a week sometimes more.

I just had big fillet of fish with my eggs & toast for breakfast yesterday.
I was born in Japan and spent my first 4 years there and according to my mom I ate anything that swam, crawled, wriggled, or walked out of the ocean because my sister and I were raised by Japanese maids who cooked for us

we didn’t have much money and after we moved back to the states my mom started her regime of seafood terror

Every Wednesday was “salmon croquettes” night, cheap pink canned salmon with the bones made into a patty and rolled in breading and fried

If I had a half bottle of ketchup I could choke them down

We ate a lot of Kraft Dinner as well and at one point, to give us some more protein, she started throwing canned tuna in with the Kraft Dinner

Disgusting

Since then I have just gotten nauseated at the smell of fish

When we lived in the bush we were under subsistence rules and basically had no limits on salmon

We had king salmon and silver salmon drift nets and would net salmon right in front of the town

People tell me “oh, you just never had fresh fish”

Ummm, not so much

Gag

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
5:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was born in Japan and spent my first 4 years there and according to my mom I ate anything that swam, crawled, wriggled, or walked out of the ocean because my sister and I were raised by Japanese maids who cooked for us

we didn’t have much money and after we moved back to the states my mom started her regime of seafood terror

Every Wednesday was “salmon croquettes” night, cheap pink canned salmon with the bones made into a patty and rolled in breading and fried

We ate a lot of Kraft Dinner as well and at one point, to give us some more protein, she started throwing canned tuna in with the Kraft Dinner

Disgusting

When we lived in the bush we were under subsistence rules and basically had no limits on salmon

We had king salmon and silver salmon drift nets and would net salmon right in front of the town

Ummm, not so much

Gag
Too much of a good thing scenario.

I'm the same with exposure to Dallas.

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
11:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Disgusting

Ummm, not so much

Gag

You should try fish fresh. You might like it. Lol

Seriously thou, world would be a boring place if we all liked the same things, and then there would not be enough fish for me.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Would this be the crack head loser neighbors
Doubtful. Just some dumb ass spot lighting deer that are too fughing dumb to be able to tell a calf from a deer.
Time for some appalachian justice or you going to call the sheriff?
Posted a 500.00 reward for info at the local store.

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
1:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Doubtful. Just some dumb ass spot lighting deer that are too fughing dumb to be able to tell a calf from a deer.

Posted a 500.00 reward for info at the local store.
Post a free port job and you might get some interesting phone calls. In all seriousness i hope you find out who did it.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What a ride! I'm at the emergency room.
Today was not a good day. I decided to go ride a horse. The horse made a sudden jerk and reared up, and I couldn't hold on. I fell off, but my foot got caught in the stirrup. The horse kept bucking and running, and was dragging me and wouldn't stop...

.....Thank goodness the manager of the grocery store came out and unplugged the machine. But then he had the nerve to take the rest of my quarters so I wouldn't attempt to drive the Batmobile, and told me to stay away from the handicap carts.
You pecker head....I thought you really effed yourself again. LMAO..

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I did and the state and university ag offices do not offer soil testing, I will have to send it to an outside lab

Honestly with everything else I had going over the last month I quit worrying about it and will revisit the issue in the spring

It is kind of wild but I swear the Fescue in the mix is still growing despite temps down as low as 17 F, it is green and healthy looking

I know it's a cold climate grass and I could be (probably am) full of crap but in certain areas it is an inch taller than when I cut it last which was after the first freeze into the 20s

:thinking:

Just went out and snapped this

View attachment 394554
Fescues are great starter grasses to get a root system going IMO. Many are extra tolerant to a variety of more severe conditions and abuse.
Here are a couple of links to the U of M's site.
Lawn/Garden testing U of M and the soil testing info page
Soil Testing for Lawns and Gardens.
I didn't think their testing fees were to bad.

Last edited:

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
7:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Jeremiah is doing great today. Different hospital. From ICU just yesterday.

View attachment 394537
That's great news Randy, I know you were worried about how he would do.
F*ck Covid.!
Found my sick calf. Dead in one of the ponds. Got it out, looked it over good. Bullet hole in its eye.
Damn *f-worders, baseball bat and a crowbar, a glock in the back pocket, wildlife cameras in the terrain, if you're lucky you'll catch them in the act next time.
A round of brutal beating with punches is what they need, preferably a round of bullwhip as well.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Good morning all. Rains expected starting early afternoon. 50 to 59 today.
Rain started just before 1 and is still coming down at a better than a drizzle rate.

Thought I was going to make a quick trip to the store, ended up being 6 stops. Oh yea...5 hours later, for a 30minute trip.

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, verdict from the orthopedic doctor wasn't great. Mom completely tore her rotator cuff and that is gonna have to be operated on and also her hand took some of the fall too and a couple of the screws came loose, so they have to re-operate on it. I'm trying to look for the silver lining but I'm not seeing it. They are gonna do the hand Monday. Not sure when the shoulder is gonna get done yet.