Not So Pro 3

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ah, the 13" bar mafia in Norway. They're all over every single social media platform talking about 13" bars. It's comical to me at this point. They'll use a 13" bar to take down anything, even if it doesn't make any sense.
I brought some chains home to my uncle one year, he logs a little in the winter, and this was before I spun my own chains. The place that spun them up for me kept asking over and over if I knew what I was talking about, asking for chains that short, because they didn't believe there were bars that short. Lol
and thats why they run huskies
because thats all longer of a bar huskies can pull
Coffee time here too.

I don't need to be quick with the foot when I sneak up behind you, and all you see is the toe of my boot hitting your sack... :meparto:
Nutsack ambush.
thats how i got gunner at kevins gtg

but you are not that quiet

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning folks. My mom had her right hand operated on about a week and a half ago to fix some arthritis. They fused all the bones in her palm together, kind of a bigger surgery as far as wrists and hands go. Then last night she slipped and fell while she was brushing her teeth, she fell on her left arm and probably tore her rotator cuff according to the ER. So I'm at the orthopedic doctor with her this morning. She has minimal use out of either arm and can't drive.
Been there and done that on the rotator cuff, torn bicep, etc

Physical therapy is the key to recovering

Best wishes for her

Bilge Rat

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
9:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good mornin.
Got back from a week of being on the beach watchin bikinis in Orange beach AL.
Lots of good food and no schedule to worry about.
The wife was happy staying in the condo that belongs to her niece right on the beach.
The gulf is calm as a bathtub compared to the Atlantic.

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
3:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ah, the 13" bar mafia in Norway. They're all over every single social media platform talking about 13" bars. It's comical to me at this point. They'll use a 13" bar to take down anything, even if it doesn't make any sense.
I brought some chains home to my uncle one year, he logs a little in the winter, and this was before I spun my own chains. The place that spun them up for me kept asking over and over if I knew what I was talking about, asking for chains that short, because they didn't believe there were bars that short. Lol
Very true.
I would almost say that 13" has become even more popular in recent years, not only applies to Norway, it is the same in Sweden as well.
Most people who sell firewood have wood processors, and of what is sold there are 36-50cm diameter machines, so you hardly need anything bigger than 13" to fell those trees.
In spruce, last time I delivered, a maximum of 55cm was accepted as timber log, from 55 to 75cm in diameter the log goes to paper production. Anything over 75cm in diameter is worthless on spruce.
It may be that it has become a little different since I have been doing it.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
8:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Morning folks, 22 and clear, going grocery shopping later today so headed to the bank first to try and get a loan
Did you ever talk to an extension office regarding your yard. The U of Minnesota has a soil testing program that the taxpayer can send in stuff to get tested.
Jeremiah is doing great today. Different hospital. From ICU just yesterday.

View attachment 394537
Great to hear that a change of personnel and treatments methods employed by this different hospital are once again providing beneficial treatment. Hopefully home soon.

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you ever talk to an extension office regarding your yard. The U of Minnesota has a soil testing program that the taxpayer can send in stuff to get tested.

Great to hear that a change of personnel and treatments methods employed by this different hospital are once again providing beneficial treatment. Hopefully home soon.
I did and the state and university ag offices do not offer soil testing, I will have to send it to an outside lab

Honestly with everything else I had going over the last month I quit worrying about it and will revisit the issue in the spring

It is kind of wild but I swear the Fescue in the mix is still growing despite temps down as low as 17 F, it is green and healthy looking

I know it's a cold climate grass and I could be (probably am) full of crap but in certain areas it is an inch taller than when I cut it last which was after the first freeze into the 20s

:thinking:

Just went out and snapped this

3EB19900-419B-4BFA-9F1C-47BBEB613781.jpeg

Last edited:

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I kinda figured a smith & wesson, and good daiwa or orvis would get you all the food you could eat up that way.
A: I hate fish in any way, form, or fashion

B: I love to hunt but even up here the cost doesn’t pencil out

If I put meat in the freezer so much the better

I filled our freezer with mostly caribou when we lived in the bush and some moose now and then

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A: I hate fish in any way, form, or fashion

B: I love to hunt but even up here the cost doesn’t pencil out

If I put meat in the freezer so much the better

I filled our freezer with mostly caribou when we lived in the bush and some moose now and then

I can't imagine life without fish, I eat fish 3-4 to times a week sometimes more.

I just had big fillet of fish with my eggs & toast for breakfast yesterday.