Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
8:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning gentlemen, and @dall

35 here this morning, Coldest so far this season. Going out for pizza tonight, at what's supposedly one of the best pizza places in the country.
We're lucky to have 2 different very high ranked pizza places only 40 minutes away.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning gentlemen, and @dall

35 here this morning, Coldest so far this season. Going out for pizza tonight, at what's supposedly one of the best pizza places in the country.
We're lucky to have 2 different very high ranked pizza places only 40 minutes away.
we wont tell angela about that

hows you slacker

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning folks. My mom had her right hand operated on about a week and a half ago to fix some arthritis. They fused all the bones in her palm together, kind of a bigger surgery as far as wrists and hands go. Then last night she slipped and fell while she was brushing her teeth, she fell on her left arm and probably tore her rotator cuff according to the ER. So I'm at the orthopedic doctor with her this morning. She has minimal use out of either arm and can't drive.

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning folks. My mom had her right hand operated on about a week and a half ago to fix some arthritis. They fused all the bones in her palm together, kind of a bigger surgery as far as wrists and hands go. Then last night she slipped and fell while she was brushing her teeth, she fell on her left arm and probably tore her rotator cuff according to the ER. So I'm at the orthopedic doctor with her this morning. She has minimal use out of either arm and can't drive.
Well I aint liking that Joe.
Hope its not as bad as they think.
Prayers sent.

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
2:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning folks,

today’s training:
IMG_1589.jpeg

13" bars and Scandinavian branching method.......
It boils down to how to effectively pruning a tree where you use your body as little as possible, and also reduce the vibrations.......
The first thing is to plan, to see the terrain, to use the necessary small trees as supports for those you are going to fell.

5 steps, branching.
Blind side, allow the chainsaw to slide on the front of the chainsaw body while pruning the blind side, no longer than your normal stride length.
Flip the chainsaw so the chain cover is the sliding surface, branch the top of the tree.
Let the chainsaw slide down between you and the tree, leave the transition between the chainsaw and the handle on your right knee, step forward and you branch your side using your knee as the tool instead of your shoulders.
One step to the same method with the knee.
Saw the top of the tree as described earlier.
You will now be back to the blind side again without actually using your shoulders.
Every other process you have to branch at the bottom which is the only time you have to use your shoulders.

And quite obvious why a 20" bar is not suitable.....
And no, I don't think you choose regular chainsaw polishing lol

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You better take care of mom
She’s the only one you have

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
we wont tell angela about that

hows you slacker
Yeah, let's not tell him. Lol

I'm doing alright. Bummed I couldn't make the GTG last weekend, but that's how life is. My foot missed hitting your sack, but I'll get you next time.

How are you?

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, let's not tell him. Lol

I'm doing alright. Bummed I couldn't make the GTG last weekend, but that's how life is. My foot missed hitting your sack, but I'll get you next time.

How are you?
lol well say we heard his pizza sucks lol
you better be quick with the foot
we know work wasnt your excuse to not be there lol

im ok coffee time and doing ok

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning folks,

today’s training:
View attachment 394523

13" bars and Scandinavian branching method.......
It boils down to how to effectively pruning a tree where you use your body as little as possible, and also reduce the vibrations.......
The first thing is to plan, to see the terrain, to use the necessary small trees as supports for those you are going to fell.

5 steps, branching.
Blind side, allow the chainsaw to slide on the front of the chainsaw body while pruning the blind side, no longer than your normal stride length.
Flip the chainsaw so the chain cover is the sliding surface, branch the top of the tree.
Let the chainsaw slide down between you and the tree, leave the transition between the chainsaw and the handle on your right knee, step forward and you branch your side using your knee as the tool instead of your shoulders.
One step to the same method with the knee.
Saw the top of the tree as described earlier.
You will now be back to the blind side again without actually using your shoulders.
Every other process you have to branch at the bottom which is the only time you have to use your shoulders.

And quite obvious why a 20" bar is not suitable.....
And no, I don't think you choose regular chainsaw polishing lol
Ah, the 13" bar mafia in Norway. They're all over every single social media platform talking about 13" bars. It's comical to me at this point. They'll use a 13" bar to take down anything, even if it doesn't make any sense.
I brought some chains home to my uncle one year, he logs a little in the winter, and this was before I spun my own chains. The place that spun them up for me kept asking over and over if I knew what I was talking about, asking for chains that short, because they didn't believe there were bars that short. Lol

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
lol well say we heard his pizza sucks lol
you better be quick with the foot
we know work wasnt your excuse to not be there lol

im ok coffee time and doing ok
Coffee time here too.

I don't need to be quick with the foot when I sneak up behind you, and all you see is the toe of my boot hitting your sack... :meparto:
Nutsack ambush.

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I aint liking that Joe.
Hope its not as bad as they think.
Prayers sent.
Thanks Brent. Hope so. She's real upset about it and definitely in pain. The ER wasn't able to say much other than nothing is broken, but that doesn't mean her rotator cuff isn't torn. Thankfully the orthopedic doctor was able to get her in right away. We'll see what they say today.
You better take care of mom
She’s the only one you have
Absolutely.